Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feeling The Waters! Looking For Your Thoughts!

sbmd

Policy or political debates of any kind are not welcome.

Specifically including (but not limited to):

USPSA vs IPSC

IPSC vs IDPA

STI vs SVI

Limited 10 vs Limited Class

This Division vs That Division

This Government vs That Government

I can see how this might be interpreted as "USPSA Politics," but it's not 100% clear.

This forum is no place for Second Amendment politics. There are many other venues for those discussions. But I don't know of a place where a discussion of USPSA elections could take place. The USPSA and IPSC forums didn't have an area where this seemed to fit, and they appear to be a lot less traveled than this forum.

The discussions would be a lot closer to the threads regarding USPSA rules and the relationship with IPSC than a discussion of Galifornia's Gun Control laws. Maybe the moderators could allow discussion along these lines.

Having said that, this is Brian's house and we should play by his rules.

Edited by Genghis

With all due respect guys, it does not matter that the political discussion is well behaved. Running for office, promoting others who seek an elected office and eliciting opinions concerning which policies would best serve those from whom the office seekers wish to obtain votes is politics. Trust me on this, in another time, in a galaxy far, far away, I used to sell politicians and I know politics and policy discussions when I see them.

This discussion could be, and probably should be, moved to the USPSA forums as Jon suggested. It is a discussion which is fitting and proper, important to all USPSA shooters and thank you Larry for bringing it up. It just does not belong here; not because it is bad, but because our host has made it quite clear we do not choose to discuss policy or politics here.

I hate to be the bad guy here... but I couldn't have said it better. No matter how well intended it may start out, this just isn't the place for political campaigns.

I've been told that's it's very difficult to move a thread to another forum, even if Rob wanted to do it. So if you want to get a thread going there, it recommend starting it fresh - then let me (or Flexmoney) know and we could link this thread to USPSA's forum.

be