Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would Like To Find Some Better Sights

Hey all I am new to the forum and competitive shooting. A friend of mine from work kept trying to get me to shoot speed steel and I always felt like I didnt want to shoot in a competitive situation. Well I finally went and had a complete blast. I am shooting an older Taurus PT92 with decocker and it has the older sights that do not have dots on them. They are hard to see and I would like to replace them if possible. Does anyone know where I could find a place to do it and how much it would cost. I live in Oregon so local would be sweet.

Also on another tangent, in the competitions I shoot, I start cocked and locked but I am having an issue when turning off the safety, I will sometimes move the lever too far down and it will get into the area of the decocker and the gun will not fire. Is there any easy way to prevent this or will it just come from practice, or along with the above issue would I maybe just be better off selling mine and purchasing a new one? I do really like the feel of the gun and it seems to shoot well for me. Any thoughts are more than welcome.

Also there is a ton of great information here, and thanks ahead of time.

*EDIT*

I was actually working on my grip and noticed that the holes are where the dots should be there is just no color in the hole. Is there any way to just paint them again?

Edited by DezHall

Nail polish.

Dry-fire practice (no ammo in the room, triple check) for thegun handling issues.

You might skip paying for new sights...for now...chances are you will shoot a buddy's gun before too long and decide you want something a bit different. :)

Thanks for the suggesations I will try some nial polish on the sights. I went to the gun store and played with some different guns and for now I am just going to practice with what I have.

I live in Tualatin, I shoot the speed steel at tri county I think is the name of it in Sherwood.

• 3 months later...