Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rf100 Worth The Money?

Well after a couple years of what i thought was the bigeest waste of money POS that i had ever bought I read on here to try a light dimmer switch to slow the speed down. Damn what do you know it now works great. Maybe somebody from Dillon will get the bright idea to revamp this thing with a better timer and a variable speed control?

Well after a couple years of what i thought was the bigeest waste of money POS that i had ever bought I read on here to try a light dimmer switch to slow the speed down. Damn what do you know it now works great. Maybe somebody from Dillon will get the bright idea to revamp this thing with a better timer and a variable speed control?

Is a light dimmer a good idea for a motor speed control? I always thought that dimmers just dropped the voltage, while actual motor speed controls oscilated the power at the proper voltage.

It's probably not a problem for small adjustments or for motors designed to operate at variable voltages.

Beats the hell out of me, all I know is it now works. If it dies after a while....well at least I got a few good months out of it rather than looking at it every time I reloaded and wanting to use it as a target for the 338LM!

Like I said before MAYBE somebody from DILLON will revamp it to the way it should have been made in the first place with variable speed and timer control. HINT HINT HINT!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
I don't know about the Fed. primers. But I can tell you from thousands and thousands of loaded rounds loaded without using a flip tray or those stupid pickup tubes it is worth every penny! rick t

I have found a cure for Federal primers, which are the only ones I use.

Stuff a piece of 1" thick foam between the main column and the tube.

RePete.

Edited by RePete

• 1 year later...

Is a light dimmer a good idea for a motor speed control? I always thought that dimmers just dropped the voltage, while actual motor speed controls oscilated the power at the proper voltage.

It's probably not a problem for small adjustments or for motors designed to operate at variable voltages.

In this case, it's not a problem at all. The vibrator in the RF100 isn't a motor at all, it uses an electromagnet.

Oh, and I agree, adding a dimmer solved my primer flipping in the tube issues.

bumper

After that thing is adjusted properly, it is one fine piece of equipment. Mine is set up for large primers, and I use Winchester.I have had WLP, WLR, magnum and regular go through it. However, I did have a problem loading CCI primers. I never get a flipped primer on mine. I'm going to get another one, and use it for small primers.