Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Model 15 Malfunction

Ignatz

Hi, I was running my model 15 in my league tonite and during a reload two cases stayed in the cylinder while I was ejecting. I know I was going extra fast tonight because of a time limit so I might have really jabbed the ejector rod harder than normal. I was wondering what might have caused the cases to stay behind.... Worn 38spl cases, too much chamfer on the cylinders, jabbing too hard or all of the above. thanks I'm learning... I shot an entire ICORE match this weekend without a glitch.

When I do this it is usually operator error. :unsure:

If I go too fast and don't keep the revolver upside down long enough for the brass to fall out, then it gets stuck under the star when I release the ejector and it is very time consuming to get out. :(

If your revolver usually works OK this might be what happened.

Hi, I was running my model 15 in my league tonite and during a reload two cases stayed in the cylinder while I was ejecting. I know I was going extra fast tonight because of a time limit so I might have really jabbed the ejector rod harder than normal. I was wondering what might have caused the cases to stay behind.... Worn 38spl cases, too much chamfer on the cylinders, jabbing too hard or all of the above. thanks I'm learning... I shot an entire ICORE match this weekend without a glitch.

Ignatz, The brass is hitting something as it is comming out, usually your thumb. Sometimes you can hit the rebound shield if the cylinder closes alittle before you eject. When speedloading with speedloaders smooth is fast. rdd