Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finger Numb

dbolden

After about 500 rounds at the range my trigger finger feels like I dropped something on it. Never had this happen before, even with many more rounds than this. Anyone else experience this?

Yeah the .40 Glocks do it to me. Something about that round with their trigger safeties makes my trigger finger go numb. It doesn't happen to me with the other caliber Glocks.

Yeah the .40 Glocks do it to me. Something about that round with their trigger safeties makes my trigger finger go numb. It doesn't happen to me with the other caliber Glocks.

Disassemble the pistol, remove the trigger, depress the trigger safety, and blend it into the trigger face with fine sandpaper or trim it with a knife then smooth it.

I used to dry fire my Beretta a lot and the finger on my left hand that wedged under the trigger guard gradually developed a numb spot on it from pressure. It's cause by pressure on a nerve. It will go away eventually.

This totally happens to me with my G19 in an FBI holster. If I don't draw it at the right angle, I bang my second finger on the bottom of the trigger guard, and that's the end of dry-fire for the day!

Disassemble the pistol, remove the trigger, depress the trigger safety, and blend it into the trigger face with fine sandpaper or trim it with a knife then smooth it.

Don't do that if you are thinking of shooting that gun in USPSA Production division :)

Edited by nphd2000

Don't do that if you are thinking of shooting that gun in USPSA Production division :)

I think hes just talking about removing the burrs from the frame casting process; that wouldnt be a problem for production, its like removing an errant piece of machined metal from a slide.

I think hes just talking about removing the burrs from the frame casting process; that wouldnt be a problem for production, its like removing an errant piece of machined metal from a slide.

I believe what he is talking about is "Blending the trigger safety with the face of the trigger" which is an external mod. Illegal for production.

The numb finger happens to me also. The safety "tab" even when depressed, is above the face of the trigger. Unfortunately if you want to shoot production, you have to leave it as-is.

After about 500 rounds at the range my trigger finger feels like I dropped something on it. Never had this happen before, even with many more rounds than this. Anyone else experience this?

Suggest that while sharp edges and narrow flats increase the likelihood of pressure induced numbness, also look toward the possiblity the trigger finger is being used to "control" recoil. Sometimes people use pressure on the trigger after the gun has fired to "control" recoil. Ideally, according to better shooters than I, the trigger finger should be letting the trigger go forward during recoil and the rest of your fingers and thumbs "control" recoil. When one experiences numbness, it means that nerve impulses are not transmitted. (Duh!) Not trying to be alarmist, but any activity or position that induces numbness should be examined. The ability of nerves to recover is limited, relative to muscles and most other tissues. If altering the trigger/safety works, great! Urge you to keep looking if that does not resolve the problem -- least repetitive injury trauma sets in.