Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-03

shred

I was a little surprised this one hadn't been posted.. before I shot it.
http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/cm99-03.pdf

An eight foot running loaded holster test, to put a can on a stick, then reset the steel between strings.. and to top it all off, a ridiculously high HHF. What's not to love??

I shot it in 11 sec, 55 pts Open, which works out to about 50% nationally. The best runs of all the M's was only 60%. We figure you have to run this in about 3 seconds per string, all alphas to hit 100%.

FYI, there are no GM-Limited scores for this one on record, ever.

Put this in the 'broken classifiers' section, Vern.

(Edited by shred at 7:19 pm on Mar. 9, 2003)

Edited by sperman
Broken Link

Interestingly enough, the HHF on 99-15 is either spot-on or just a tad low.  The scores-vs-class chart follows the 'ideal' curve almost exactly.

99-15 is considerably easier stage-wise (the run is 4' instead of 8', targets are half as far away with more scoring area) and the HHF is still 2 points lower than 99-03.

(Edited by shred at 2:16 pm on Mar. 10, 2003)

• 7 months later...

I agree with Erik Warren...Whenever possivle, I always try to take the steel before the paper. Just feels better for me, kind of a confidence building when you hear ding, ding, ding....kinda sucks though when it is ding, whiff, ding, whiff, whiff, whiff, whiff, reload, whiff, ding. ;)

• 6 months later...

The HHF for this classifier is screwed up for sure.

According to my calculations, you'd need all A's in ~ 4.63 seconds per string to get 100%

Of the three local GM's I watched this weekend, it took about 3.5 seconds to even get the first shot off! So let's assume that at 20yds (with no-shoots stapled to the targets) your splits and transitions are 0.30 and you're getting all alphas you'd only be at 92% !

One shooter was DQ'd after his gun dropped from his CR speed upon getting into box A.

This classifier is lame!

Thanks for letting me get that out....:)

Yeah.. no sweat, right?

I originally posted the time needed for Open (~ 3 sec/string). I'm assuming TDean, being the limited monster that he is, figured it for Limited, and the math works out (4.6+4.6=9-something)

Note that nobody has ever shot 95%, let alone 100% on it in Limited