Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Book For Beginner On Skills And Practice

• 1 year later...
From our host's store:

http://www.brianenos.com/store/books.html

Brian's book is a must read and Steve Anderson's dryfire book is great also.

I got them both today in the mail. Damn, Christmas came early! :D Settling in, mind cleared of distractions, time to immerse myself in our host's wisdom, and see if I can translate enough of it to grow in the right direction. Thanks, BE!

I got them both today in the mail. Damn, Christmas came early! :D Settling in, mind cleared of distractions, time to immerse myself in our host's wisdom, and see if I can translate enough of it to grow in the right direction. Thanks, BE!

Reading the book once and then re-reading BE's book again over time is a must; you'll take different things away and understand more as you grow as a shooter.

Edited by j2fast

Settling in, mind cleared of distractions, time to immerse myself in our host's wisdom, and see if I can translate enough of it to grow in the right direction.

Don't be surprised if you find it way too advanced to start with. No offense intended, seriously. It took me years of improving my skill level to really understand some of the things in The Book. If you want easily understood instruction on good, solid technique, I highly recommend the Andy Stanford book I linked to above. Then come back to the The Book as the years progress as a kind of ongoing postgraduate course.

• 4 weeks later...

No offense taken at all, Duane :D I rather expected that it would be as difficult as it is to comprehend at times. I have almost zero competitive shooting experience, but 30+ years of trains of thought that will need to be derailed, then routed correctly. There are many sub-currents running throughout BE's book, and I have much learning to do.

I have a match in less than 72 hours, and haven't practiced one whit in almost 2 weeks. I had to put family first for a bit, but it's time to get back out in the 100+ degree garage this afternoon with S.A.'s dryfire exercises, and see if I can develop more muscle memory and clear my head.