Precision Coated Bullets

DKOL

Matt

What is the load data for 185s and TG.

Schuemann Ultimatch 5" barrel.

4.2 grs titegroup

WSR primer

1.185 OAL

Gets me around 173 PF, I'm thinking about dropping it down to 4.1 grs to see if it will reduce the leading at all. I get the lead in the first 1/2" of barrel, and it dosen't ever seem to get worse, shoots very good, and it's cheap! After I burn through the 6lbs of titegroup i have left, I'll try a different powder.

I just tried the 50/50 vinegar and H202 combo, works like a charm. My dad was scrubbing his glock barrel for 2 hours to get it out, I told him to just wait till I went to the store and got the H202. :wacko:

Communication is easier when you stop making up your own definitions for words :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Easier for who? I understand me just fine. :):D:lol:

O.K., I never clean my barrel, I allow white vinegar and H2O2 mixed 50/50 to do it for me every once in a blue moon.

There, Happy? :P

Edited by Bigbadaboom

Ramshot Competition 4.4g

1.200" oal

Precision 185g

Vel=911

ES=41

SD=9

PF=168

Fed 205

I wasn't happy enough with them to continue shooting the bullets. The .401" diameter wouldn't dependably pass my case gauge unless I dropped them in upside down. The smoke bothers me indoors too. They did run well in my gun though.

Ramshot Competition 4.4g

1.200" oal

Precision 185g

Vel=911

ES=41

SD=9

PF=168

Fed 205

I wasn't happy enough with them to continue shooting the bullets. The .401" diameter wouldn't dependably pass my case gauge unless I dropped them in upside down. The smoke bothers me indoors too. They did run well in my gun though.

Thanks Kirk, this will help me greatly when I switch to "Competition" in about a month.

FYI. I always case gauge my rounds backwards anyway because the problem usually happens at the rear of the case where it swells and I figure if I gauge them backwards and they clear all the way with not binding then I'm good to go. I gauge every round that goes through my gun and I never have feed/extract binding problems.

• 3 weeks later...

the barrel errosion rumors came from an article written by wil shcuemann concerning moly coated JACKETED bullets. it does not hold true to the precision bullets.

The only saving grace with titegroup is its cheap and it works..it smokes terribly though.

Universal clays is better, certainly cleaner, but the shot to shot extreme spread sucks.

WST is running out of steam for Glock length major rounds witht he 185 grain bullet, Primers are flattening out and my gun barely made major above 90 degrees( some of the federal 100 primers were pierced)

Win 231 is what i settled on for cheap 40 major ammo. It smokes less than titegroup, has tighter extreme spread than Universal clays and has none of the pressure signs WST was showing me. also when the temp goes up, so does the power, not the other way around like WST.

Right now im toying with ramshot ZIP, so far it feels like 231, looks like 231 but is lighter in color(less graphite on powder?) and takes about 2/10ths less powder to get the same velocity

VVN330 is gonna get tested soon, might have some promise there. I cant get N320 where im at unless i have it shipped in...expensive made MORE expensive.

one of these days im gonna sit down and make a load with Power Pistol that barely makes major...all the ones ive tried were 180+ power factor and i was using the alliant starting load. FWIW they still shot good.

I cant get N320 where im at unless i have it shipped in...expensive made MORE expensive.

Harmon,

If you want to give N320 a whirl, I can swing over to Sportsman's Warehouse here in Austin this week and see if that have some in stock (usually, they do). If you're going to be at Waco, I'd be happy to bring it along. As far as getting larger quantities in, the trick there is go in on a large order with other folks and cut down on the HazMat and whatnot - and buy the stuff 4# at a time (or more...). We do this all the time down here... Scott_R puts an order together every so often...

dave, not sure if ill be in waco this month, but ill try.

Ill let you know as early as i can if ill be there.

Just let me know. Happy to hook a brother up :) Can always do it next month or whatever, too...