Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smiths For My Smith

Albert

Another question from a new wheel gun shooter.

I'd like to get a fiber optic/replaceable sight mount form my S&W 19-4 as well as get a decent competition trigger job and possibly chamfering the holes for the cylinder.

Who do you all like for this type of work? I checked with my local Smith who works on my autos and he mentioned someone in Arizona but could not remember his/their name.

I'd also like to get the same work for my 686-7 in 38 super.

Thanks for any replies.

-Albert

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to contact Randy and see what his wait times are like.

Actually, I'd prefer a smith in the Seattle/NorthWest area. My local smith for autos could not think of anyone locally.

Albert - There is a gentleman in the Kent / Renton area named Angie "The Sight Man" who does very good work on sights. I don't know if he does trigger jobs & chamfering. I have a good friend who does that for me. I just compensate him for his time with bottles of refreshment that are slightly alcoholic :D . I don't have Angie's phone number but I'll try and get it.

Thanks for all the kind words guys! You're making me blush.

Trust me, I'm no master- I can't even get out of "B" class in ICORE! :P

I'm feverishly trying to get guns out the door before the IRC in a few weeks, so best estimate for turn around is 6-8 weeks.

~Randy

Angie's Phone # is 425-226-9520. I hear he's semi-retired now and likes fishing so trying to get hold of him close to a holiday weekend can be a challenge. He does excellent sight work at reasonable prices and may either be able to help you or recommend a local smith to take care of the chamfering/action work. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

+1 for Nelson Ford.

I went to skool down there and had every revolver I own through his shop, first rate gunsmith.

well... there's a new 3-inch 66 that needs to go down there.