Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gotten Bit Buy The Glock Bug

rhgunguy

I bought a G35 and I realy like it. I can't belive I waited so long to pick one up. I have been toying with shooting Open, but the funds just aren't there. So I am looking at building my own race gun. I know that some of the work is going to have to be shopped out, but I have a lot of pateience and mechanical apptitude. So here is what I am thinking so far:

Glock 17

KKM barrel with comp

Brass magwell

Captive tungsten guiderod

C-More on a sjc mount

3.5# connector.

Let me know what you think. The only areas that concern me are frame to slide fitting and fitting the new barrel. If it was explained ot me I could probly do it. The other concern is will the gun hold up to 9mm major?

Edited by rhgunguy

Sounds good, also might thinks about a drop in RS or Vanek trigger. I chose to go with a Docter since the barrel to slide lockup on glocks are pretty tight, and a loose slide won't matter much. No problem major 9, be safe work up loads with HS-6

I agree, with the Doctor although they are no longer being imported. When i had mine I used a J-Point. Just as good, and even cheaper. They hold up fine, just treat 'em right. It wont be the same as shooting with a C-more, but it will run witout fail. If you can get the C-More & mount combo to run flawlessly then go for it 100%. If not flawless ... dont even bother. Definately get a Vanek or Rhea trigger. KKM with COMPENSATOR, or else why get a new barrel ? And ANY magwell, not nessecerily brass. Aluminum or plastic work well too. But yes a magwell is a nesccesity. And Tru-Grip or some kind of stipple job. Possibly Jim Shannahan ??? His work is amazing.

Finaly HAVE FUN with it. It's no high-dollar 2011 but it's allot of fun!

Yeah, ment to say with comp. I just edited it. What springs in what weight would I most likely need to run? I realize that different guns need different things, but a ball park figure would be a nice place to start.

I used to run a 15 lbs recoil spring. I tried a 13 but it would occasionally not pick up the next round in the mag. So I shot a 15 for years.

I am running some of the parts that you are talking about in my G17 open gun. I have the KKM barrel & comp set and the brass magwell. But I chose to go with a J-Point yes it not a C-More but it is easier and cheaper and you don't have to have the mount installed by someone else. I agree with Chris to try a 13 or 15lb spring and see what works best. As for the 9Major loads the gun will handle them just be careful as you work up your loads. There is a lot of good info on the forum for loading 9Major. Welcome to the world of the poor mans open gun.