Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Certificate Redemption Blues

David Benzick

Hi All,

I was lucky enough to win a Glock certificate in a raffle last Sunday but I need some advise on redeeming it.

The certificate states that it takes a minimum of 8 weeks to get the pistol delivered from Glock Professional in GA. They don't want you to call before 8 weeks and don't offer a phone number anyway.

I'm moving to Washington state at the end of June so I can't get the gun transfered here in California unless I get some express service from Glock Professional. I also don't know how long I need to live in WA before I'm allowed to get a pistol transfered to me there, and I really don't want to wait that long if I don't have to.

So, does anybody have a connection at Glock Professional or a contact number that would allow me to ask for an exception to this 8 week wait?

I really apprciate your collective help.

Thanks

Dave Benzick

Soon to be "Stealth Plastic Shooter"

Just to throw this in here..

I won a certificate on March 26 that had an expiration date of March 31st..

go figure..anyway..I did get it mailed in an my gun arrived around April 25th..

but after I sent it in..there was no notification from Glock other than my FFL calling me up and saying its here..

Mine took less than 8 weeks. BUT - their delay is genuinely due to the time it takes their employees to work through the backlog, the backlog is due to Glock's huge generosity to the shooting sports.

I was told to call & see if they had the model I wanted [a G35] and the person on the phone wasn't too sure but later found out they have lots of every model, not to worry.

Not easy to be patient about a free gun, is it?

I too won a certificate at the same match. Your help here will help me. Thank you for your feedback. So, while everyone is in the giving of information mood, what model is your favorite and why? I have a glock 19 for CCW, and plenty of competition guns, so this would be used for mostly CCW or home.

Thanks,

David Adams