Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Trigger Advice

Trey1975

I am trying to make my Glock trigger a little nicer with a few things I have laying around. Any advice on what to use or in what combination would be great. I am shooting a glock 17 in Production Class. I have a Titanuim Striker and plunger. Wolf extra power trigger spring and light striker spring. I also have a Ghost 3.5 lb Rocket trigger connector. Well what can I do with all this stuff? The only things I have had installed are the Light Striker spring and the Titanuim Striker and plunger. I have used these without any problems at all.I just want to smooth up the trigger a bit more.

Thanks in advance

Trey Small A-55522

As you are probably aware, the Ghost Rocket will require some fitting before use. The (orange) "armorer's" slide cover plate will be handy to have during this however, isn't essential although a time-saver. I've never tried this connector but it seems to be a love | hate relationship among those who have tried it with about as many on one side as the other. FWIW, I've installed 3 of the Lone Wolf (their brand) 3.5 LB connectors in 3 different Glocks and found them superb. They are noticably crisper than the other 3.5's I've tried with clean, quick reset. If you are unhappy with the Ghost after trying it I would wager the 10 bucks spent on the LW connector would make you a happy camper and round out your setup nicely.

I am trying to make my Glock trigger a little nicer with a few things I have laying around. Any advice on what to use or in what combination would be great. I am shooting a glock 17 in Production Class. I have a Titanuim Striker and plunger. Wolf extra power trigger spring and light striker spring. I also have a Ghost 3.5 lb Rocket trigger connector. Well what can I do with all this stuff? The only things I have had installed are the Light Striker spring and the Titanuim Striker and plunger. I have used these without any problems at all.I just want to smooth up the trigger a bit more.

Thanks in advance

Trey Small A-55522

Polish the hell out of the front face of the "foot" on the striker that engages the trigger bar. The trigger bar lip drags across that as the trigger is pulled to release the striker. Problem is, I'm not sure titanium can be polished as smooth as steel (?) Also, polish the edge on the trigger bar that engages this foot. The top edge of the trigger bar that rides against the lip on the disconnector needs polishing, as well as the faces of the disconnector that rub against the trigger bar (an the corresponding faces of the trigger bar).

Might be something I missed from memory, those are the main spots.

Okay Trey read this http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

then polish and shoot, :P

It will get smoother the more you shoot it and nothing says you can't go back in and repolish later. BTW I vote for Flitz non abrasive and doesn't remove metal oh yea use a dremel tool or something similar because doing it by hand doesn't cut it. Have fun!

I have the 3.5 Ghost rocket (non-polished) light striker spring and trigger spring installed in my G34. I love it, feels good to me and everyone else that has had a chance to shoot it. Very inexpensive and easy to do yourself. I have never tested the pull weight but I'm going to guess it breaks at about 3.5lbs.

If your looking for a trigger that feels like a tuned 1911 then send me your Glock and buy yourself a tuned 1911. :) All the parts in the world won't make it feel like a single action trigger.

I think you'll be happy with what you have as soon as you install everything.

Happy shooting