Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Fort Shootout

Double Action

Or should I say Old FART Shootout, as Waltermitty won the revo division, with Bubber very close on his heels. Oops! Did I use my outside voice?

This was a great match, with seven very interesting and challenging stages. I thought it might have been anybody's ball game, but after looking at the stage results, it turns out I was overly optimistic. :blink: My son and I had a fantastic day shooting together with some really nice folks.

Congrats to Waltermitty and Bubber, and to the folks in Ft. Smith for a great match.

There was less than 5% total difference between the top three revolvers for the match, so it wasn't a rout by any means. I had some luck and had some fun. :)

Both Bubber (with his new Randy Open gun) and Double Action trounced me at the Saturday ICORE match, so it wasn't like we all went into this knowing how it would finish.

Bubber beat me by something like 30% last year (2005). I won in 2004, but I was a field of one (1). :P

2006 is a 500% increase since 2004 in division participation with 5 total revo competitors.

The course design was excellent with several opportunities to make most of the courses fit into 6-reload-6.

Hats off to the OFGC crew for putting on another excellent Old Fort Shootout. B)