Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Members-only Area Open

revchuck

The "members-only" area is now open at http://www.idpa.com. Functions are limited at this time, but there's an area where you can enter your classification. The only required fields are for the division and classification; dates, clubs shot at, and scores are optional. You'll be able to enter your own data until January (I think), then it'll be up to the clubs to do it.

You have to register using your IDPA # and other info, and then create a username and password to log in.

The most significant thing here is that there will be a national classifier database. It hasn't slowed down sandbagging in USPSA to the best of my knowledge; maybe it will here. ;)

It hasn't slowed down sandbagging in USPSA to the best of my knowledge; maybe it will here

Check out just how many shoot close to their classication percentages at major matches in USPSA, you may find the data very interesting.

I get nothing. It won't accept my data, and it is correct - long zip code and everything.

Clubs will be required to enter classification information? I help run a club and this is the first time I've heard of this. Did I miss something in the TJ?

I don't see this working. Some clubs can't even get their match results out.

Edited by Steve J

Clubs will be required to enter classification information? I help run a club and this is the first time I've heard of this. Did I miss something in the TJ?

Same here, I contacted the owner of the range where we shoot and he advised that they had not herd anything about this.

I don't see this working. Some clubs can't even get their match results out.

+1 The first club I shot the classifier at didn't give the match results at the match. I was told I could check the web site. When I asked about getting my card signed they just told me to bring it back sometime. This would have been fine if I didn't live 2 hours from this club.

FWIW, I hadn't heard anything about the clubs entering the info until I logged on, and I'm the MD at my club.

There's been a good bit of heat generated about the lack of a national classifier database, so I guess they figured they'd bite the bullet and get it started. When you think about it, it's hardly unusual that clubs would be required to enter the data - that's the way USPSA does it. At least we don't have to send in $3/shooter - yet...

As to whether the clubs will do it, that's another matter. My club is small, so I don't have a problem with it. For big clubs - like in Dallas and Houston for example - that could be a bunch of fat-fingering.

I just got on the site and updated some classification info. First time to the site and had to register but it took all my info. Surprised me- something from IDPA HQ that actually worked.

Apparently it isn't until Jan 07 that the clubs will handle the classification entries. Maybe since it is several months off they haven't gotten the notification yet.

I am glad to see a classification database. Too easy to shoot in whatever class you want when there is no record of current classifications. I have seen it happen with guys using the info on an old card when going to a match out of the area where they are known. Yep, there are cheaters out there folks.