Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Critique My Reload

Sixgun

• 1 year later...

A little tip I learned is to put a small white dot of paint just on the inside of your magwell. What you want to do then is look right at that dot and push your mag right past it. It doesn't look like you are missing, but if you have something to focus on, you might relax a little bit. Like all of the guys above have said, relax. Smooth is fast. The one other thing I noticed is that you are doing your reload way away from your body. It might not hurt to bring it in a little closer. By doing this, you will use more of the muscles in your arms to make the reload instead of all in your shoulders.

Your video is on the same page as Travis Tomasie's barracks reloads. Watch that over and over and over and.....You get the drift. Pay close attention to what he is looking at. You will notice that he watches every single reload all the way into the gun and then regrips and pushes out. They are all indeed seperate motions, but very well blended together. Take all of this advice for what it is worth ;)

TG

One last thing I would like to add. When you have been given the LAMR command load your mag then just like you would if you were doing it on the clock and make it perfect. I have found that if you push it in nice and easy and listen for that click to make sure the mag is seated, sometimes that will cary into your stage. I have done this and I felt like a total idiot. No one else even noticed it, but I could tell I was taking my sweet time. When you are loading, stuff that thing in there good and hard, just like you would during the stage. If you want to make sure it is in there, pull on it. You should be doing this before you reholster anyway, right along with a press check. Perfect practice makes perfect, and as far as I am concerned, at the LAMR command is just one more place to make sure I am going to have a nice smooth reload.

TG

• 3 weeks later...