Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Powder Does Brazos Recommend In His Pro Sx Gun?

PistolPete

I know this is a weird topic but I need to make a powder order tonight because I'm just about out and I have a Brazos Pro SC 4.5" race gun to be completed fairly soon. I only want to pay 1 hazmat fee for the powder so I want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Does anyone know which Powder Brazos recommends for his 4.5" race gun? I don't need load specifics as he will give that to me when the gun is complete I just need to know the powder. I'm pretty sure it is a Vihtavorie powder of some sort.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

ps. if you don't want the secret to be leaked feel free to send me a P.M.

I have about 90,000 rounds through my proSX with 105. I'm gonna give the 4756 a try though since the price of 105 is getting crazy.

I may do some experamenting again with 3N38 since you can get it in 4 Pound containers, it's a little cheaper, and it makes major easily. From what I can remember of 3n38, it felt really nice, but booms and flashes bad.

Doug

Edited by dpeters

I know this is a weird topic but I need to make a powder order tonight because I'm just about out and I have a Brazos Pro SC 4.5" race gun to be completed fairly soon. I only want to pay 1 hazmat fee for the powder so I want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Does anyone know which Powder Brazos recommends for his 4.5" race gun? I don't need load specifics as he will give that to me when the gun is complete I just need to know the powder. I'm pretty sure it is a Vihtavorie powder of some sort.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

ps. if you don't want the secret to be leaked feel free to send me a P.M.

I'm using IMR SR4756 too and it is a very good powder. I'm sure Bob and Ingi can e-mail you their loading data for these SC'S. I 'm not sure if the 4.5 inch PRO SC has a different load compared to five inch. Hope this helps.

I did contact Bob and he gave me the load info. He recommends either the N105 or the IMR powder. I've been using the VitaVouri powder for years now (N320) so I decided I'll start with that. I bought several pounds of that to get me going and I'll do the same with the IMR. I know the IMR powder is a bit cheaper so hopefully it will be as good as the N105.

pete