Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How, Where & When To Lube A Revo?

Cuz

I know I need to keep my autos well lubed if I want them to run smoothly, but what about my Revo? I've been shooting my 625 quite a bit lately and I'm wondering if I should be oiling it up at all? Do you guys lube your Revos? Where, and how much?

Thanks,

-Cuz.

On the rare occasions I pull off the side plate, I lube the pins, areas of the frame where the hammer and trigger contact, and the rebound slide. I use whatever light grease I have on hand - I have a little of a syringe of Browning "Midas" grease left, then it'll be Slide Glide Lite.

The only thing I lube on the outside is the crane pivot area, and use something like BreakFree or RemOil.

I think everyone does it different...

I have not taken my sideplate off since Randy did my gun...I don't want to let the genie out.

I drop oil down the hammer slot and a lot of it. I figure what doesn't belong will drip out the bottom.

Let me know next time we are shooting together I will go over it with you. (maybe Bass River first Sunday??)

For now, super glue works great grinning-smiley-026.gif

Thanks RGS. Not sure I'll be able to make it to Bass River. Unless the weather is bad, then I may be free.

I noticed you beat me at Manville. It's not fair, without being there to heckle you I can't have any negative affect on your score. :)

-Cuz.

I use liberal doses of slide glide on all the internal moving parts.

I think BE developed it for wheelguns but named it slide glide so the bottomfeeders wouldn't feel left out :D

Works for me.

Dave

Hmm, I hadn't thought of Slide Glide. I just switched to using fully synthetic motor oil (5w30) for lubing my autos and I guess my revo too. Someone recommended it to me and it seemed to make sense. Especially when you can get a quart for under $5. That'll last a long time.

-Cuz