Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Force Of Hammer Drop Da Vs. Sa

Kyreb

Does a hammer fall with any more force in DA versus SA mode?

My 610 seems to be more reliable in DA. I still get the occasional misfire (failure to fire) in SA. (Using federal magnum SP primers)

Live with it or go back to a heavier spring?

I have yet to shoot a wheelgun in a match. Rick

Does a hammer fall with any more force in DA versus SA mode?

My 610 seems to be more reliable in DA. I still get the occasional misfire (failure to fire) in SA. (Using federal magnum SP primers)

Live with it or go back to a heavier spring?

I have yet to shoot a wheelgun in a match. Rick

Kyreb, It is usually the other way around. The SA will set off what a DA will not. On Single Action the Hammer is pulled back further than when it drops form Double Action. I would venture to say that the round that would not fire Single action would not fire Double action. But that is just my opinion

My 610 (Using federal magnum SP primers)
Are you shooting 10mm or 40S&W with those magnum primers? I would imagine that the magnum primers may have a thicker cup material thus requiring a heavier hit. Do you have any idea what your trigger pull is?

My 610 (Using federal magnum SP primers)

Are you shooting 10mm or 40S&W with those magnum primers? I would imagine that the magnum primers may have a thicker cup material thus requiring a heavier hit. Do you have any idea what your trigger pull is?

.40 SW....The same load as I shoot Limited with my Para. I bought several thousand of the Federal magnum primers when a local shop went out of business some years back.

I do not have a trigger gauge, but it is light. Put a replacement spring kit in it from Brownell's and stoned the internals a little..nothing else.

Edited by Kyreb