Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tom,

Bummer!! I did that at my first sectional match. So far I have avoided it. At Area 2 last year, I would of comfortably made the old PF! It does seem like there was something wrong with the match chrono(s). The folks who run that club seem like reasonable souls. Perhaps a discussion with them about what happened there is in order. That many people having a spread like that is suspicious :huh: .

Later,

Chuck

PS: My Q about the chrono results for Winchester WB 9mm still stands!

Had an absolute blast at WI. I have emailed Ronnie to tell them what an enjoyable experience it was.

To remind everyone to do the same, I have emailing some of the sponsors to thank them for their past, and hopefully future participation. DPMS, La Crosse City Brew, etc.

Mike, Eric, Tom Minor - Thanks for letting me tag along. I learned, or I should say I observed a lot. It still remains to be seen if I learned anything. :blink:

Anyone have any pictures or video of Super Revo Squad 16? I know I had to avoid shooting someones video camera on Stage 7 170 Degrees Fahrenheit X2. So some evidence exists of my shooting Best Score / Worst time. :D

Really looking forward to Area 5. Thanks again guys.

Jim

Hi Guys,

Glad you enjoyed the match. I'm no chrono expert myself, but I can say we were using a pair of brand new CEDs with infrared screens. We'd like to thank CED for their donation of the chronos to the WI Section and the Area 5 Match.

As far as our own loads, Lori was shooting CCI Blazer 9mm 115s that made 140.3 PF. The same loads made 139.7 PF at the Kentucky State 3-Gun last fall. My CCI Blazer .40 180s made 179.5 PF.

P.S. Some pictures of the match are posted at: http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/uspsa_wi_section.htm

Thanks,

Ronnie Casper

Edited by Ronnie Casper

Jim ,

I had my video cmaera with me, I got Mike and Keith on the stage with the barrels and the steel but that is it. I always bring it but it is a pain to set up and drag along through the match. It was a pleasure meeting you and shooting with you. I think we are shooting some other matches this year together. See you then.

Tom

Hey Ronnnie,

Great match!!!! I had a blast shooting with you guys at Holmen. Top notch facility, probably the smoothest match I have shot in a while. You guys did your homework and it showed. Can't wait for Area 5.

Tom

I have some video of the revolver guys on the 170 degree stage. Mine was taken from the 2nd floor of the cowboy building, so its kind of a cool perspective. IM me your an e-mail address that can accept large attachments and I'll e-mail them to you.

ETA... My handloads came in at 192.2, guess I need to tone them down a bit. :o

Edited by mpthole

For what it's worth, the stuff I chrono'd at the WI match ran hotter than when I checked at home the week before. It came in at 181 power factor in WI and about 178 the week before. I'm in Quincy right now and it chrono'd 178 for the single stack classic through my 1911 today.

Edited by Keith

I was shooting WWB 9mm 115gr

They came in at 136pf.

That sounds about right! Thanks, Ben!

(edit: I looked up the 115 gr FMJ 9mm on the Winchester web site. It calls for 1190 fps for mv. That give us a nominal 136.85 PF. Looks like Ben's stuff was on the slow side ;) )

Edited by ChuckS

MP Thanks for the video of the match 170 stage.

The video has Mike & Keith both Halves, Me on first half, and the guy in our squad with the Blue shirt on. Sorry I don't know the name to put with the face.

MP said that he has put a link on the club website if you want to download the video.

Mike or anyone - Still unable to download the entry form for the Iowa Section. Can anyone check the link, or email me with the form in PDF.

Thanks,

Jim

Edited by aerosigns

The video has Mike & Eric both Halves, Me on first half, and the guy in our squad with the Blue shirt on. Sorry I don't know the name to put with the face.

MP said that he has put a link on the club website if you want to download the video

That may be me. I'll have to check out the video. Do you have a link to it by chance in case I can't find it...

Thanks!

Steven

Z

Steve,

MP said he would put the link right on the Holmen site for a few days.

http://www.holmenrodandgunclub.com/MyImage...volverSquad.zip

Here is the link that he sent me. Hope it works out for you.

Keith - Sorry for some reason (probably alcohol) I keep typing eric, when I mean you. I apologize.

Jim

No worries. I have been called worse. ;)

If you happen to come up to the Monticello plant for training someday, give me a PM as I only live 15 minutes from there.