Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Me Make Decision About A 646

encoreman

:D Hey I found a LNIB performance center S&W 646 4" has had maybe 100 rounds at most, my friend will sell to me for $700.00. What do the experts say?? I have a 610, kinda want this for a back-up for bigger matches. Plus you can never have enough wheelguns right? Thanks Mac :P

+1.

And if you do decide you must have a 646, do NOT get the Performance Center version, those things had drastic cylinder problems (very, very sticky extraction in most specimens) which were apparently somewhat better in the later run of non-PC guns.

Now that you have heard from those that really know, take a tip from someone that knows very little.

Tell your friend if he is truly a friend, he will keep it :D I tried one, it was a bear to shoot and as has been stated, brass didn't like to extract easily. They were great for IDPA when you could shoot minor but nothing else that I can fugure out.

But what do I know. :blink:

Regards,

Thanks Guys, that's the reason I asked before buying. You are all so helpful. Now what am I going to buy, a 625 I guess cause the 610's are getting to rich for me, saw one on Gunbroker go for 802.77, it was a slightly used 4" barrel. Thanks again and God Bless Mac