Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am planning on replacing my aging truck (with a dead A/C) in June or July. The Toyota 4Runner has made it to the top of my list after looking over what's on the market.

Being that this forum can answer just about any question, what do the 4Runner owners out there have to say. Pros vs Cons? Everybody happy? Any remorseful 4Runner buyers among ya'll?

Thanks!

I had a 95 4Runner that I drove 37K miles in 11 months, traded it in for a 96 and now have 185K miles on it and still runs pretty decent. 4Runners will serve you well as long as you take care of them. I'm sure the new ones are as reliable and dependable, they even have more interior room and availabe with a V8 engine. I would say it's a good choice, get the 4x4.

Never owned a 4Runner. Have owned 3 Toyota P/U's (same drivetrain). First one ('85)went to 196,000 miles. Tool in a Subaru rear ended me, killing that one. Second one ('92)went to 136,000 miles. 16 year old girl with a week old driver's license cut me off, took care of that truck. Somebody bought that truck after it was totaled, it's still on the road. Current truck is an '04, being driven very carefully, especially around Subaru's and 16 year old's.

Other than routine maintanance the only parts that were replaced between all three trucks was a starter ('85), water pump('92), and brake caliper('92).

• 1 month later...