Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Gotta Be $hittin' Me!

dirtypool40

I took a police science class back in high school. The officers teaching it had on a couple of times brought out their concealed weapons, they weren't in uniform, for a demonstration. Every time they did, they cleared the gun while pointing in a safe direction, then had 2 students verify that chamber was empty and the mag out of the gun before proceeding with the demonstration.

Many of the lawsuits that make the news because they're so incredibly ridiculous are brought by wacko pro se plaintiffs (those who can find no attorney willing to take the case). The vast majority of these get tossed out of court almost instantly, and I'll bet that's exactly what will happen with this one. Our civil justice system actually works much better than the media culture would have us believe.

But...Remember the Marlboro lawsuit? Millions were awarded because cigarettes cause cancer...and there's another one starting again as of Januuary of this year. Everyone needs to blame someone else. Accountability for our own actions is not what most people like to do, therefore they sue for their own negligence and stupidity.

I have no confidence in our justice system for allowing trials like this to be awarded. He'll probably win. I'd be more surprised if not shocked if he didn't.

Edited by Cjblackmon

But...Remember the Marlboro lawsuit? Millions were awarded because cigarettes cause cancer...and there's another one starting again as of Januuary of this year. Everyone needs to blame someone else. Accountability for our own actions is not what most people like to do, therefore they sue for their own negligence and stupidity.

I have no confidence in our justice system for allowing trials like this to be awarded. He'll probably win. I'd be more surprised if not shocked if he didn't.

There's factor you're missing - he filed pro-se, which means that the system is free to dismiss the suit without depriving an attorney of his contingency fee.