Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xd Sights

Rikarin

Some of you mentioned new Dawson sights.

I am looking for non-FO front and adjustable rear I can install myself, like Glock. The sights will be temp until Dave's sights come out.

I thought I will be shooting XD40 untill Dave's sights come out but now that I lost $90 holster, maybe just buy 9mm, shoot completely stock (except for the sights) for a while and wait for the Dave's sights.

Some of you mentioned new Dawson sights.

I am looking for non-FO front and adjustable rear I can install myself, like Glock. The sights will be temp until Dave's sights come out.

I thought I will be shooting XD40 untill Dave's sights come out but now that I lost $90 holster, maybe just buy 9mm, shoot completely stock (except for the sights) for a while and wait for the Dave's sights.

Rika,

You could maybe ask TGO at one of the matches or ask S. Horsman. Horsman is affiliated with Springfield also. How'd you lose your holster? It wasn't during that whole magazine thing at the Dust Devil was it?

Jasmap

Since you mentioned...... I remember there's the dufflebag I carried comfoter to Dust Devil (to stay at my friend's place) which's all black. I didn't check it so I checked it now and geez, Rika, you idiot! I found my holster.

Laugh at me!

But still want 9mm!

The XD front sights I've switched out are not very easy to get out. You might consider having them installed for you. The dawson sights have served me well on my XD, even if they are a little tall. I would have gotten Warren sights if they were available at the time. Just black out the front FOm and you have a good sight picture.

Glad I could help Rika. PM me about what you are looking for exactly in the 9mm when you get a chance. See you at the match.

Jason

Jasmap

Since you mentioned...... I remember there's the dufflebag I carried comfoter to Dust Devil (to stay at my friend's place) which's all black. I didn't check it so I checked it now and geez, Rika, you idiot! I found my holster.

Laugh at me!

But still want 9mm!

The Dawsons work well. Though i did need a 3lb sledge hammer to get the front site out. Sit pusher couldn't do it. Vised up the slide, used a little oil, brass punch and just let the hammer drop. Came out like Spam in a can. The Dawsons needed a little adjustment with a fine file but went in well. They are tall, but work well.

Just a thought, but I was told that the Dawsons ride higher than the stock sights, so it may take a bit of getting used to if you've shot the stock sights for a while. For that reason I opted for Heinie/Dawson FO (though not adjustable).