Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ccw For Nebraska

Nebraskan

Well, it looks like Nebraska is finally going to join the other 47 states that allow CCW. It has passed the Legislature and just needs to be signed by the governor, who has already stated that he will sign it. It should go into law 1/1/07 :D:wub:

Too bad they let cities like Omaha pass their own pre-emption of CCW (or at least that's what some of the news articles are saying).

Baby step, I guess. The state can later make a ruling to superscede the city rule AFAIK.

I heard that Kansas is getting ready to pass a CCW law as well. That would leave just 2 states. The Ya-Hey-Der's to our North (WI), and those of us trapped behind the Iron Curtain here in IL.

Good news for you guys!

It really leaves a lot more that 2 states, since there are quite a few states where you need a "special need" (being important or well connected universally counts as a special need). Places like NJ, HI, NYC, some counties in upstate NY, some towns in MA non-rural areas of CA are just a few locales which come to mind).

A discretionary system can be worse than none at all since (a) It creates the impression CCW licensing for the public already exists, and (B) You get no pressure from influential people to change the system since they have already been taken care of. Are gun owners in NJ better off because important people can carry, or would they have a better chance of getting a shall-issue CCW system if those of privilige, power and influence were not aleady being taken care of?

It really leaves a lot more that 2 states, since there are quite a few states where you need a "special need" (being important or well connected universally counts as a special need). Places like NJ, HI, NYC, some counties in upstate NY, some towns in MA non-rural areas of CA are just a few locales which come to mind).

A discretionary system can be worse than none at all since (a) It creates the impression CCW licensing for the public already exists, and (B) You get no pressure from influential people to change the system since they have already been taken care of. Are gun owners in NJ better off because important people can carry, or would they have a better chance of getting a shall-issue CCW system if those of privilige, power and influence were not aleady being taken care of?

Excellent Point! I just like the fact that it makes my State (IL) look that much more backward. ;)