Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz75b Mag Spring

Wasatch801

no..modifying the spring does not make it illegal for production..

on many guns..retaining the magazine is thought as feature...so the shooter does not loose it..

for USPSA type shooting it is a hinderance..the last couple of 75Bs I have seen the mags dropped out..

Be careful when you straighten out the thin flat spring to allow the mags to drop free. It is a bit brittle and some can crack on the crease.

If it does crack, just order a flat one for a CZ85. Not much $$$ but a pain to wait for the part.

• 6 months later...
It seems to me that the original CZ75B's came with the mag break but at some point might have switched to the drop free. Or maybe its just random. Who knows?

I have a 75b made in 2006 and the mags stuck a bit when brand new....that lasted about 2 days, I just reached in by hand and pushed the mag brake flat and worked the creases a bit with finger pressure. I then did about 50+ practice mag changes (about 10 per mag) and they now fall out nice and free. (using 2 stock 16 round mags and 3 mec-gar mags). I love the way the CZ shoots...points well and runs well on anything but cci blazer aluminum case rounds. (blazer brass ok) I have about 2000 rounds thru mine now and love it!