Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rudy Project And Impact-x

Vlad

Today I got my new Impact-X lenses for my Rudy Rydon glasses. They are a HUGE step over the polycarbonate lenses my Rudy's came with. They are clear with a lot less distortion and the colors are a heck of a lot more vivid. I have the grey photochromatic version. They are a slight grey at "rest" and while I don't yet know how much they darken in full sunlight, in partial sunlight today they darkened just right, where the light didnt bother me but you could still see my pupils through them.

I do not know if they are clear enough indoor for shooting, I'll find out friday. In fact I haven't shot with them yet at all so I'll let you all know how that goes. So far I really like them and they should be a serious step from the older style, which where not all that bad to begin with. I'm going to send the old ones for replacement as they gathered some scratches over the years, and I'm going to see if I can upgrade them to the Impact-X type.

Today I got my new Impact-X lenses for my Rudy Rydon glasses. They are a HUGE step over the polycarbonate lenses my Rudy's came with. ....I'm going to see if I can upgrade them to the Impact-X type.

I got a Rudy set-up year or two ago and I'm happy with them. I think they're poly carb. I've since heard critisism of poly carb lenses.

What is this Impact-X of which you speak? Got link?

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/press/pressreleases/092205.htm

Impact-X is Rudy's name for NXT which is a optical polymer originaly designed for bullet proof military cockpit canopies. It has a number of advantages over polycarbonate and CR-39. Rudy makes them available on a few of their frames and their entire tactical line defaults to them now. They are about 50% more expensive then polycarbonate, but thats only $25.

• 1 month later...

I just got me a pair a month ago too. i went for the Photo / Polor. I also had to get he Rx lens setup. Nice setup. Expensive but nice.

Their new lens is pretty cool. I took their sample lens and bent in half. It flexes right back into shape with no damge.

I have worn Rudy Project glasses for the last 4 seasons. I started with the RB-3 specifically because of the Rx inserts. I recently purchased a new pair in order to get teh Impact-X lenses. The Exception model is great, the clarity of the new lenses is something I never thought I'd get.

I highly recommend Rudy. Further, I suggest contacting Jim Shanahan at Advanced Performance Shooting. He is a great person to do business with, and he is one of us.

Jim Norman

I suggest contacting Jim Shanahan at Advanced Performance Shooting. He is a great person to do business with, and he is one of us.

Great! I was just about to ask for a good source for Rudy Project stuff.

I got mine from my Optomitrist and some extra lenses from some big discount on-line outfit, but I'd rather deal with someone who's on our side.