Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting My A$$ Kicked By Course Designers

Flyin40

I love it when I leave a match after having my a$$ handed to me by the course designers. I shot a match this past Sat where 2 stages showed myweaknesses. I didn't do horrible on them but I sure didn't nail them down.

Its always good to walk away from a match learning more and more about your shooting and have a great time doing it.

In my opinion, this was the best set of courses C-Ville has ever had.

Flyin40

I love it when I leave a match after having my a$$ handed to me by the course designers. I shot a match this past Sat where 2 stages showed myweaknesses. I didn't do horrible on them but I sure didn't nail them down.

Its always good to walk away from a match learning more and more about your shooting and have a great time doing it.

In my opinion, this was the best set of courses C-Ville has ever had.

Flyin40

i like to say 'i was over challenged!'

lynn

Weekend before last I shot a match that challenged everything I thought I knew. The one thing that I thought really put a whoopin' on me was a stage with a lot of tight shots with movement. It ended up being a memorization stage for me, and I thought I tanked it. IIRC I was second in Limited, and the 'speed' stage where I thought I did OK I was 12 of 17 or something equally bad.

Hmmmm.

I really REALLY like when the stage designers show you where things stand, and blow what you thought you knew out of the water. I really enjoy shooting stages where at minute 4 of the 5 you get to plan things still aren't clear, and if other people come up with different plans I like it even more. Beats the heck out of stages where you spend 4 or 5 minutes rehearsing what you are going to do!

I know Flex did not have anything to do with those course designs!!!! <_<

He couldn't design his way out of a wet paper bag. :P:P

Anderson on the other hand.......

Now that is one Genious.....even if he is from OHIO. ;)

Hopalong

I love it when I leave a match after having my a$$ handed to me by the course designers....... Flyin40

Happened to me last weekend. Shot 9 good stages then took my whuppin on a technical stage. Knocked me down in the final tally two full places. All about the engagement order!

Tactical sequence my sorry ass! :wacko:

I coulda been a contender! :(B)

(Note to self...design a wet paper bag stage...hmmmm)

Here in Ohio we kick azz and chew bubble gum...

...and, we're all out of bubble gum.

(<<< likely the slogan for the 2006 Ohio match...if we get approval to run it >>>)

I love the slogan.

At our last local match I designed a long course that took some special effort to set up. With the help of some fellow shooters, I increased the accuracy requirement just a bit by using some no-shoots and a bit more hardcover than usual. Nothing too drastic, just trying to get away from the hoser stuff. Everyone loved the course and we heard nothing but compliments. Almost everyone looked at their sights and only three of us hit a penalty target. Take note of the operative word "us". :angry:

I actually took an FTE and 2 mikes on a course that I myself set up.

I had used the hardcover to force the shooter to move to a new position to complete the last target of the array. Guess who forgot to stop and shoot the last target. ME!

Oops!

Live and Learn.

(Note to self...design a wet paper bag stage...hmmmm)

Here in Ohio we kick azz and chew bubble gum...

...and, we're all out of bubble gum.

(<<< likely the slogan for the 2006 Ohio match...if we get approval to run it >>>)

:lol::lol::lol: that has a nice ring to it

Flyin40