Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Fiber Optics?

encoreman

<_< Okay please don't shoot the messenger. At a local match today, somebody posed the question why aren't there blue fiber optic sights. Cops use blue lights because you can see them twice as far as red lights. Do they make them? have you used them. If they don't make them, I want the copyright if they work good. I need the extra dough to spend on powder, bullets and such. LOL

I just ordered a bunch of fiber optics for my sights from here.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Flourescent.htm

I almost ordered some blue but then decided against. The price is great, it shipped out right away, and it looks like a great source for the stuff. Much cheaper than any other place I have seen.

Tom

Edited by Tom Mainus

I just ordered a bunch of fiber optics for my sights from here.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Flourescent.htm

I almost ordered some blue but then decided against. The price is great, it shipped out right away, and it looks like a great source for the stuff. Much cheaper than any other place I have seen.

Tom

Hey Tom

I had ordered a bunch of fiber rods from this place and had included there blue rod which is actually violet in color. About the only beni i saw with it, is for a long distance shot where you actually have to aim, its easier to make out the top of the sight, where with the red, i have to concentrate/focus harder.

I ordered optic from them, red, green, and orange. For me, Orange seems more natural but I think it carries over from all the years of having an orange ramp front sight on my revolvers. I've been using an Orange fiber for a few years now. The red was harder for me to see and the light green was what I used primarily before I discovered the orange fiber.

(added)

Oddly enough, I didn't notice which forum I was replying to.. I'm still using an Orange ramp front sight on my 610 but have considered changing to a fiber optic sometime in the future. I think when I do change, it will be to an orange fiber from the orange ramp sight. The gun I was referring to above is my Limited gun.

(/added)

Vince

Edited by sargenv

See sarge we knew you were a wheelgunner at heart. Dust off that ole 610 and come to the Miss Classic in June. Good ole southern hospitality.

I would like to but the funds are lacking. :( The only big matches this year for me are the Northern California USPSA Sectional and the ICORE in Morro Bay. I've always been a wheelgunner as my first was a Ruger GP-100. I shot that one for a lot of years before breaking down and getting a 610 classic and then soon after a 4" 686 :)

Someday...

Vince

Hi Encoreman

Don,t know if this will help

We'll have to go back to science 101

the light spectrum runs like this

ROY G BIV

red, orange,yellow,green,blue,indigo,violet

most folks see the lower end of the spectrum better

thus they sell more of those colors

I'm still young 42 but prefer the green

middle of spectrum

any of the BIV spectrum will be very hard to pick up

at speed

hope this helps

Gary

Sarge,

See if you can't get D. Carden to SPONSOR you! :D:D

You know all you California folk kind of stick together any way. ;)

He may even send you to the USPSA Nationals in September, You never know! :wacko:

HOP