Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite Stock Approved For Ipsc

race1911

As the title says, finally the Witness Elite Stock is approved for IPSC Production division, so go for it US..............We just got our first Tanfoglio distributor in Canada and mine was the first Tanfoglio Stock out the door (in 40 S&W to download for Production.....with fiber optic front sight and aluminum grip panels as factory options)

As the title says, finally the Witness Elite Stock is approved for IPSC Production division, so go for it US..............We just got our first Tanfoglio distributor in Canada and mine was the first Tanfoglio Stock out the door (in 40 S&W to download for Production.....with fiber optic front sight and aluminum grip panels as factory options)

Could you take some pictures? with the factory options sounds very intresting

Won't get mine in the mail til next week, but you can search the web for some real good pics from other sites under "Witness Elite Stock" (should be the same as Tanfoglio Stock (NOT Stock Custom)......unless someone can help me figure out how to post pics on these forum sites the only other thing I can do is email some to you when it's here

Edited by race1911

that's a pretty small pic, but it show's it in general..........I will be comparing it against my CZ SP01.....the features common to both are : polygonal rifling, reversible mag catch, skeletonized hammer, fiber optic front sight option, different grip panel option .........the features I prefer on the Witness Elite Stock (or in my case the Tanfoglio Stock) are: hard chrome, bull barrel, extended safety for better thumb placement, slightly larger mag opening, larger serrations on the frame front and rear, better grip checkering front and rear, really nice slim aluminum grip panels as factory option (expensive but similar to Eric Grauffels on his Open gun) and you can get it in either 9mm OR 40 S&W( got mine in 40).............should be REALLY fun comparing the two at the range.......I'll keep you posted !!!! race1911

Edited by race1911

that's a pretty small pic, but it show's it in general..........I will be comparing it against my CZ SP01.....the features common to both are : polygonal rifling, reversible mag catch, skeletonized hammer, fiber optic front sight option, different grip panel option .........the features I prefer on the Witness Elite Stock (or in my case the Tanfoglio Stock) are: hard chrome, bull barrel, extended safety for better thumb placement, slightly larger mag opening, larger serrations on the frame front and rear, better grip checkering front and rear, really nice slim aluminum grip panels as factory option (expensive but similar to Eric Grauffels on his Open gun) and you can get it in either 9mm OR 40 S&W( got mine in 40).............should be REALLY fun comparing the two at the range.......I'll keep you posted !!!! race1911

I read that there is a safety, is there a decocker? After the LAMR command, how does hammer get lowered (ie made safe)?

You lower the hammer manually by grasping with the thumb and forefinger, pulling in the trigger and then lowering the hammer..very simple and easy once you get accustomed to it...........this is the same for the manual safety version of the CZ SP01 although you can get a decocker version for it........I don't believe there is a decocker version of the Stock

You lower the hammer manually by grasping with the thumb and forefinger, pulling in the trigger and then lowering the hammer..very simple and easy once you get accustomed to it...........this is the same for the manual safety version of the CZ SP01 although you can get a decocker version for it........I don't believe there is a decocker version of the Stock

Just a personal thing I guess but I do not think it is a good idea to be depressing the trigger on a loaded chamber; seems like that is a recipe for AD. I will stick with guns with decockers.

Does the RO ever look at you funny when you have to lower the hammer in that fashion?

I sent an email to IPSC when they first published the Production gun list, in it I mentioned that lowering the hammer on a live round was stupid. (They listed guns with no decocker).

If your thumb is sweaty then the hammer will slip and you will have an AD and the thumb will still be behind the slide so you will most likely substain an injury.

IPSC took no action.

Lowering the hammer on a live round is - in my opinion - unbelievably dumb. :(

not really dum...

Its just a skill you develop as a production shooter using a manual safety gun..

definitely not for everyone..just as sub 2# triggers are not for everyone..

In this sport we allow people to run full speed shooting guns at targets, sometimes weak hand only, sometimes around vision barriers....shit I've ever jumped a gully in an IPSC stage.

If someone doesn't have the manual dexterity to lower a hammer with their thumb or two fingers they probably aren't safe enough to shoot this sport because that is probably the least complex thing they will do.

Gotta go with Jake on this one.

If lowering the hammer under no time/performance pressure is something that bothers someone or makes for an unduly dangerous situation. There are many other instances in our sport that need serious reevaluation.

Does the RO ever look at you funny when you have to lower the hammer in that fashion?

No. Most of them are familiar with the procedure.

It seems to be more of an internet discussion. :)

The real question for USPSA/IPSC is why hammer fully down on safety models , and hammer at halfcock on decockers? :wacko:

Edited by TxD

It's not a problem till it is a problem. I'll guarantee if you've had one go off while you're lowering the hammer with your thumb you'll have a sudden interest in finding a gun with a decocker.

Yep, and if you can't safely close a folding knife, you should probably find a fix blade.

star-wars-smiley-023.gif