Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match This Weekend In The Phoenix Area

davidball

My family and I are going to be in the Phoenix area this weekend. We would like to shoot a Sunday club match (handgun, not multi-gun). I have visited the links to AZ matches on the USPSA site but I am still confused (this is not typically difficult to accomplish).

I'm told that Rio Salada has a match but I don't see one listed on their (many) websites for Sunday. Looks like they have a number of USPSA clubs who shoot there, but I didn't see a USPSA handgun match listed for the first Sunday of the month.

Cactus Combat lists a match that includes carbine and shotgun, so I don't know if we can just shoot pistol. Plus I couldn't find directions or a map on their website.

Can someone in the area give me some direction as to a USPSA handgun match on Sunday? We are getting on a plane tomorrow (Thur) afternoon and I'd like to figure out where we are going before we leave.

Thanks.

1st Sunday at Rio Salado is the ICORE revolver match. No USPA match, Sorry you picked the one weekend out of the month.

That match at Cactus is a USPSA match. It is a pistol match.

They also have shotgun and rifle stages that can be shot if you with but are scored separately.

1st Sunday at Rio Salado is the ICORE revolver match. No USPA match, Sorry you picked the one weekend out of the month.

That match at Cactus is a USPSA match. It is a pistol match.

They also have shotgun and rifle stages that can be shot if you with but are scored separately.

Thanks for the input. Looked again at the Cactus websight and found directions . . . way at the bottom of the main page.

Have a great trip Dave. I just want you to know I have Phoenix envy! B)

:D

Dave, what are you doing in the Phoenix area? My wife and I are leaving for Arizona in about 4 hours for a 9 day vacation :rolleyes: . We have a second home in Casa Grande :D , it would have been awesome if we could have gotten together to go a match over the weekend or offered you a place to stay while in Arizona since you were kind enough to offer me a spot at your place for the Berm Aid match. Hope you have as much fun as we do while your there. B)

Dave

Have a great trip Dave. I just want you to know I have Phoenix envy! B)

:D

Dave, what are you doing in the Phoenix area? My wife and I are leaving for Arizona in about 4 hours for a 9 day vacation :rolleyes: . We have a second home in Casa Grande :D , it would have been awesome if we could have gotten together to go a match over the weekend or offered you a place to stay while in Arizona since you were kind enough to offer me a spot at your place for the Berm Aid match. Hope you have as much fun as we do while your there. B)

Dave

Well, we 1) trained for a day with Matt McLearn 2) climbed Camelback with the boys 3) shot a club match at the Ben Avery Shooting Range (wow, what a place) 4) went to the Grand Canyon for the first time (wow, what a place) and 5) got a tour of Gunsite on the way back from the canyon (wow, what a place). Didn't see this post until we got back or we would have tried to hook up! We'll be going back - we have relatives in Phoenix and those Arizonans really like guns!!!!

and those Arizonans really like guns!!!!

Gee not sure why you would say that??? Hmmm first weekend of the month is a Cactus match, second/third/fourth weekends are matches out at Rio and the third weekend at Rio is matches on BOTH Saturday and Sunday. There is every Tuesday night at Rio and every Thursday at both Cactus and Phoenix Rod and Gun. Did I mention the Wednesday night matches at the Scottsdale Gun Club? .....Gee there just isn't enough matches in this town....Made you jealous yet? :rolleyes:

Gotta love the Valley of the Sun! Come shoot with us!

Edited by Trisha Lowry

Cactus is a little slow at posting their results but keep checking their site. If you stick around until the end they will make you a copy of the results.

Rio sends them out latter the same day after most shoots.

The Deer Tribe posts about one month after the match.

The Deer Tribe posts about one month after the match.

??????????????

Thanks for the info, Az. I'll keep checking.

I guess our club is fortunate. Our scorekeeper has results calculated and posted on the internet by the end of match day.

Dave,

Was wondering where you were on the second. You guys missed a good match at South Central. Last couple of stages shot in the rain the first day of daylight saving time. Is that why you picked that weekend to go to AZ since they don't observe the time change? :D Oh for the good old days.

Hope you had a great trip and we will see you at the end of the month

Dave,

Was wondering where you were on the second. You guys missed a good match at South Central. Last couple of stages shot in the rain the first day of daylight saving time. Is that why you picked that weekend to go to AZ since they don't observe the time change? :D Oh for the good old days.

Hope you had a great trip and we will see you at the end of the month

The only way I miss the monthly match at South Central is if I am at another match. And, unfortunately, it will happend a lot this year (May - Area 6, June - KY State Section, July - coming back from Junior Camp with Jackson). Max always has a fun match.