Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Glasses

I use Decot for calys. but for steel handgun I will not shoot or be at a shoot with out side /eye protection. = Had metal dug out of my arm too many times and had cuts on my face. I even had hot brass in my glasses wedged against my eye lid two times in the same match. = shooter next to me ejected it into me.

I use Oakley for hand gun B)

For color I go with clear or grey. I've used yellow for a while but I found that my eyes got tired faster.

I have a feeling this is a very personal choice and you won't know what you like until you try a few and find out for yourself.

Edited by Vlad

the 3 most important factors for me are:

1.full coverage (under the eyes, and side coverage)

2.comfort (especially under ear muffs)

3.cost

i ended up with a set of wiley-x pt-1s, the ones with the flat, rubber ear piece. they have multiple lense colors though i usually go with clear, unless its very sunny, then i use the ice blue. i paid about $60 for the set, which included 1 frame, 3 lenses (clear, ice blue and orange), and a nice case for everything. thats about the most i'd ever spend on glasses...but they are the most comfortable glasses i've ever tried (lots of them give me a headache when worn under ear muffs).

Edited by driver8M3

I envy you in that you dont have to worry about RX for your shooting glasses. If you dont want to get RX lens in every color you need a set that allows for RX inserts.