Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee Dies 45 Auto Rim

jazzman

What is the difference between the 45acp and 45 auto rim Lee dies. I have the 45acp 4 die carbide set of dies and want to know if I can use them with 45 auto rim brass that I am purchasing. I am planning on shooting both acp and auto rim thru my 625 revolver and wonder if I need to purchase the Lee auto rim die set. Thanks for any help on this,

Jazzman

Thanks for the replies. I did purchase the auto rim shell holder and auto primer holder for the auto rim at a gun show last week, so I know they are different. I think you might be right about the only other difference being the crimp die. I will check and see if I can buy just the 45ar crimp die or if not then I will just purchase the whole auto rim set. I like their factory crimp die for the 45acp and wished they made a factory crimp die for the auto rim but I guess they don't so I will have to do my crimping with the normal crimp die.

Again, thanks for the replies,

Jazzman

I like the Redding profile crimp for my revolver loads and I use one for my .45 AR loads or loads in ACP cases that I only shoot in my revolvers.

It not only does a nice roll crimp, it also taper crimps the round for a more consistent crimp. I have found them (in testing with my Ransom rest and chrono) to make my ammo more consistent and accurate.

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6