Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Young Man Making His Own Way.

Round_Gun_Shooter

My Son is ready to graduate from High School. He studies Graphic arts at a Vocational high school.

One requirement for graduation is a "Senior Project". It consists of oral and written presentation as well as a project related to the shop.

Shawn decided to do his project on Glass Blowing. All the jokes aside, he really jumped into it. He applied for and was awarded an internship through the local art museum at a small glass shop.

He followed through and learned and came up with a project that I was amazed with. My boy has grown up :) He has always been a hard worker and has plans to continue this.

Take a look at the lamp he made. When he makes the presentation, the base will be filled with colored liquid to show off the design.

Thanks for letting me brag on the boy.

post-2631-1143554876.jpg

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

That's very cool. I wanted to be a glass artist when I was a little kid. Dad let me play with quartz tubes and a bunsen burner in his chem lab... I think I made a mouse... or something I thought might look like a mouse if you squinted right.. It takes talent and it looks like he's got it.

Very cool. For those that have never seen glass being blown it is a very cool process.

My dad knew a very popular glass artist many moons ago, and was given a bowl made by this artist as a wedding present. Our family has had it 25+ years now, and until a couple years ago had no idea of its value. Good luck to your son with his interesting (most important) and potentially lucrative (less important) future.

Your son is very talented. The lamp is gorgeous.

Like Shred said, his career choice, although out of the ordinary (cool factor multiplier), is rare and potentially very lucrative. Not many people have the patience to blow glass anymore.

Liota

Brag all you want dad and be very proud. Your son is very talented! We get very little of this through the media so it is, for me, always good to learn about this kind of thing.

My hat's off to Shawn and to Dad for a parenting job well done.

Blessings,

Thanks folks. The next step in this process is a home glass bead studio.

He has advised me the hot thing right now is glass beads and he can make and sell them.

Shawn is a bit of a capitalist. He has friends with the large ear plugs. He figured he can make those too. ;)

Anyway, as an advisor for my trade at his school, I will get to see all the projects and judge for my trade. These young men and women work very hard on these presentations. It should be very interesting.

Now I just have to up the fire insurance and we can get the torches set up.

Gary