Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clark Gator

Danva

I dont have one, but a friend and fellow forum member does. I was able to shoot it a few weeks ago and was very impressed. I am not really a rifle shooter, but the one I shot was very soft shooting. I was also able to put rounds on top of each other with junky Wolf ammo. I am told that the adjustable gas system on the Gator allows it to be well tuned to your load of choice and softer on the shoulder. I am sure the owner of this one will chime in with a better synopsis.

They are one of several good choices for a customized AR out there. Let them know what usage you intend as there are choices to be made. A varminter based setup is not the best for an IPSC race rifle and vice versa.

Regards,

I am the proud owner of the rifle KK speaks of. I've had mine for just over a year. Love it. The gun just flat out runs (knock on wood). I haven't shot many AR's, but this one is one of the softest I have shot - partially due to weight (it is a 20" HBAR afterall), but I think the JP adjustable gas block is the mut's nuts.

I'd buy another. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a clark gator for three years. The barrel was smoking hot several times at the IRONMAN. It shoots 1" groups at 200 yards with XM193. Winchester white box and the cheap remmys from Wal-Mart don't shoot as well.

All of my dealings with CCG have been awesome!