Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Question For 10mmdave

Bob McGee

Dave in a recent thread you stated that you had posted Cad drawings of a barrel that you had re-contoured. I have cked back two years and haven't been able to find them. Do you remember the thread title or Date, as I would like to see them. Thanks for any help.

Bob McGee

Dave in a recent thread you stated that you had posted Cad drawings of a barrel that you had re-contoured. I have cked back two years and haven't been able to find them. Do you remember the thread title or Date, as I would like to see them. Thanks for any help.

Bob McGee

Sorry Bob, I was cleaning up my account and deleted them, I'll re-post the pdf's tonight.

Okay Bob, sorry I forgot to do this last night.

The pdf's below show the 2 version's of revo barrel's I came up with using my 610 brl as

the material. The PCbrl is the simplest since the cuts are all ball end mill and bandsaw

(the angled bottom) The bull barrel version would need a machinist's touch since to

remove the underlug as shown you would need some sort of rotating chuck tool, I'm no

machinist but I know how I would attempt to do it, I just don't have the work holding tools.

I did the PCbrl version to my 610 Classic with the barrel still attached to the frame,

it's rough looking but I love the way it feels now, it's a tad less muzzle heavy than

my 25-2. (that's the look I was going for with the bull brl)

And just for fun I added the pic's of the 610.

Hope this was what you were looking for.

Thanks Dave, really great cad drawings. I am in the process of rebuilding my Grizzly Mini mill, with a micrometer down feed, when finnished my first project will be to make chips fly off of a 5" 686 barrel that I bought several years ago from Numrich Arms. I have had several people advise against this as the 5" barrel for the 686 is very rare. Bob

AzShooter's right Bob, ICORE rules don't allow what I did, I lightened mine for USPSA not

ICORE. Course I figure we have so many revo guy's getting into the fun that when the

update the USPSA rules my gun will be illegal !

So if it's for USPSA you can lighten but not make any heavier than 2oz from stock, the rules

look pretty vague (sp) right now but if we keep seeing the influx of revo shooters I can see

some rule changes likely.

And thanks for the compliments on the pic's/dwg's, but if you ever see the barrel in real life

you'll know right away I'm no machinest !

Thanks Dave, really great cad drawings. I am in the process of rebuilding my Grizzly Mini mill, with a micrometer down feed, when finnished my first project will be to make chips fly off of a 5" 686 barrel that I bought several years ago from Numrich Arms. I have had several people advise against this as the 5" barrel for the 686 is very rare. Bob

I forgot to say, don't know how much you do for machining but you'll want a constant

coolent flow on your cutter, I have a lot of scaling on mine but I did the whole thing with a

carbide ball end mill and no cutting fluid (told you I didn't know what I was doing:-)

I have one of those 686's with a 5 inch barrel, if you need any help/info let me know.

Edited by 10mmdave