Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is The Difference Between

Majja

What is the difference between the SVI and STI mag bodies? I have one STI that drops much better than all of my SV bodies out of my SV gun. Also I have 1 mag that at the last 3/4 of an inch seems to stick going into the gun and will not drop free. It has never been stepped on or ran over. Should I send it back to SV or just mark it up to a bad mag and replace the body. The mag is virtually brand new. It has always done this.

Thanks

Majja

Sounds like a mag body tuning issue?? Possibly, your SV tubes are a bit long, front to back. I had to squish mine slightly in a vise (lots of info on this forum about tuning mag bodies...). Even a brand spankin' new tube might exhibit the qualities you're seeing. In my experience, a new STI tube could show the same issue, as well.

Read up on mag body tuning, and measure your tubes carefully in several places. Find a vise, and pad it well. Then, carefully make all of your tubes match the one that drops free like champ. That ought to resolve the issue entirely for you :)

There's just something wrong with the world that I gotta spend $100+ to get a S*I mag to run as well as $19 Glock mag. :blink:

XRe hit the nail on the head.....the bad one just needs to be tuned to the same dimensions as your good ones. You need a full size vise, not a little crappy one like the one I broke last week squeezing a bad mag. :lol:

You need a full size vise, not a little crappy one like the one I broke last week squeezing a bad mag. :lol:

It's amazing how much "oomph" it takes to squeeze one of those suckers, isn't it??? :D

It's amazing how much "oomph" it takes to squeeze one of those suckers, isn't it???

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm going to Home Depot at lunch today and buying the 75lb. great big mamy jammy vice to finish the last mag. You guys are funny.

i have great success using svi tubes in 40 cal. it seems to hold more rounds and is polished inside out.

I also had sti tubes which is not polished inside and holds 1 round less. Here where we dont have mag tuning experts. Id go for sv tubes. It ran great from day 1 without tuning.

Well in 40 cal dont know about other calibers.