Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Linea De Fuego Bi-monthly 3 Gun At Pala, Ca

Come shoot 3 Gun with us at the NCSA Range in Pala, CA. This range is really well suited for 3 Gun with rifle stages to 350m and a great assortment of props and steel. We're working hard to make this a quality match opportunity and hope it will earn the support of the Southern California 3Gun community.

Check our website at www.lineadefuego.org for directions to the range at Pala. Sign-ups at 8:30 with shooter's meeting at 9:00am.

Contact our 3G MD, Jeff Gross at jggros@cox.net or me at chbpm@sbcglobal.net with any questions or suggestions, especially suggestions.

Thanks,

Charlie Brown

LDF Section Coordinator

2nd Saturday could be an option. I'll check and advise.

As for rules, we usually stick with USPSA. However I'm not sure about scoring (San Angelo??). I'll check with Stats and advise on that too. When we're tuning up for a match like SMM3G or RM3G, we switch to IMGA.

IMHO there should be some dialog within the So. Calif. 3G community about how many matches should we produce and where.

1) What is better, lots of small matches or a few larger ones? (Size being judged in terms of how many shooters)

2) Our club matches have usually been 5-6 stages and we try to get done and cleaned-up by 2:00pm. What about doing 7-8 stages and make it more of an all day thing? Maybe burn some burgers & tube steaks on the grill at lunchtime for good measure. Our pistol-only shooters are thinking about trying the same approach on a bi-monthly basis.

3) Each club has certain human and physical resources. They also have their own goals, likes and dislikes. At the same time each range venue has it's strong points and weaknesses. Are there ways we can combine our limited resources and focus them on the venues that best support the sport while satisfying the individual priorities of the clubs?

Any thoughts?? Maybe we should start another thread that's more geared towards So. Cal. 3G in general??

• 4 weeks later...

'cause I'm slamming to get everything done in time to hopefully shoot US3GN, what dates are y'all shooting between 08 JUL and the Nats?

SPC (P) Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

• 2 weeks later...

Being an East Tennessee hillbilly, I'm surprised you all can even have 3 guns in Southern Kalifornia, much less shoot 'em. I'm mighty glad to hear that is not the case!

Seriously though, my son will be going to Pepperdine Univ (Malibu) this fall, so I hope to time a visit sometime with a match. Is there a link for 3-Gun in the LA area? I'm not really sure what area you natives consider being in Southern California. Since I'll have to fly and drag along all the gear, I'd want to shoot a fairly big match (stages and round wise).

Any links or references to some matches would be appreciated.

SMSI,

The good news is that we'd love to have you. The bad news is that you can't bring any high cap mags in. All the guns are good. No hi-caps. It sucks for folks visiting. Heaven forbid we get some kind of travel exemption.

That being said, there is a TON of pistol shooting, especially in southern California. Norco and SWPL right off the top of my head. Heck, Norco shoots every Saturday and their club stages are as good or better than some "majors" I've been to.

Check out the Area 2 website and then the USPSA website's Club Finder. The folks in the South are more than happy to provide any info you're looking for.

Take care,

Rich

• 2 months later...

We're planning a great match this Saturday at Pala. We'll have a minimum of 4 multi-gun stages with one long-range rifle stage. Setup starts at 0730 with sign-ups at 0830 and shooters' meeting at 0900. We hope to be done by 1300. Match fee is $25 with a $10 discount for LDF members.

There's a group of us headed to Raton for the RM3G match in August. We'll be using the IMGA rules to prep (Total Time plus Penalties).

We're also planning another RM3G prep. match for 8/12/06 at Palaso mark your calendars. Directions and maps are on our website at http//www.lineadefuego.org .

Best Regards,

Charlie Brown

LDF Section Coordinator

PS: Wherever you're shooting this weekend it's gonna be hot!! Remember to hydrate big time! :)

We're planning a great match this Saturday at Pala. We'll have a minimum of 4 multi-gun stages with one long-range rifle stage. Setup starts at 0730 with sign-ups at 0830 and shooters' meeting at 0900. We hope to be done by 1300. Match fee is $25 with a $10 discount for LDF members.

There's a group of us headed to Raton for the RM3G match in August. We'll be using the IMGA rules to prep (Total Time plus Penalties).

We're also planning another RM3G prep. match for 8/12/06 at Palaso mark your calendars. Directions and maps are on our website at http//www.lineadefuego.org .

Best Regards,

Charlie Brown

LDF Section Coordinator

PS: Wherever you're shooting this weekend it's gonna be hot!! Remember to hydrate big time! :)

I've only been lucky enough to shoot the Pala match one time, but I have shot with the "boys" from Pala many times. They are a great a bunch of guys and the match I shot was well thought out and lots of fun. I have no problem driving the 160 plus miles to shoot with them but I work on Saturdays.

Good luck to all going to the Nationals and make time to shoot Pala you'll be glad you did.

Had a great match yesterday in spite of the heat! Thermometer in my truck read 114 degrees as we left the range at 1500. All things considered, still a lot of fun with two new local shooters as well as a truckload of guys that drove in from Long Beach.

We'll be doing it again on 8/12/06 with USPSA Pistol, IMGA 3Gun and IDPA matches all on the same range, same day. Hopefully the heat will die down a little.