Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting Started In Practical Shooting.

I've found that the larger frame Glocks fit my hand well, and the flexibility of the G20 appeals to me for competition, defense, and hunting.

Production--with minor loaded 10mm

Limited/L10--with a KKM barrel shooting .40 S&W

GSSF Indoor--with a KKM barrel shooting .40S&W

Local pin shoots--with a KKM barrel shooting hot 10mm

Self defense--factory 10mm in the stock barrel

Plinking--with an Advantage Arms .22 conversion/.40/10mm

Hunting small game--with a KKM barrel shooting hot 10mm

This could be my everything autopistol. Do my choices for each category make sense? Will I be able to recover my expensive brass when shooting production? I'm sure I could get many reloads on lightly loaded 10mm min loads, so that they will be cost effective over time.

Thanks.

It may be easier to stick with the factory 10mm barrel and load light for production, and to major power level for Limited/L10.

Would you expect much brass deformation from 10mm casings loaded to minor or major in the factory G20 barrel? I know that heavy, high powered loads will definitely deform, and it makes sense to use a tightly chambered aftermarket barrel to extend brass life.

Did you try asking the good folks over at 10mmtalk.com?

You can make a brass striper like the one I made. Just do a search with my SN and brass at the search window. It has pics.

Or buy one of Nolan's stripers from Hosercam.com

Or how about asking over at GT's 10mm subforum?

Would you expect much brass deformation from 10mm casings loaded to minor or major in the factory G20 barrel? I know that heavy, high powered loads will definitely deform, and it makes sense to use a tightly chambered aftermarket barrel to extend brass life.

I have never had deformed brass in my stock G20. Maybe close to 10k reloads now. By accident I have had some pretty damn hot loads too. What I have found is because of the pressures run that 10mm brass does not last as long. It will eventually split.

bjet

Grandpaw Glock,

Sounds like you have a good handle on the situation.

I've never had any brass that was reloadable using my stock barrel in the G20.

If you're shooting KKM barrels, you should have even less chance of that happening.

10mm brass is easy to pick out of 40 S&W and 9's.

Invest in a Competition Trigger Set up. You can swap out the entire trigger, trigger bar, ejector housing, trigger connector and all related springs in a few seconds back to the stock for carry.

See Charlie Vanek.