Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Action Shooting Sport

Loves2Shoot

Just a quick note to let anyone interested that Topton , Pa. will

be holding a NRA match on April 9th, 2006

Contact Randy Hollowbush at the Handgunner, in

Topton, Pa. if interested...610-682-6714

The only issue I have with multiple divisions is, how do you design stages suitable for all of them? What is challenging and interesting for Open can be grueling for Single Stack guns.

And maximum of six rounds from each firing position=boring.

i dont know why a maximum number of rounds from one shooting position matters...All the people in singlestack division still would be doing the same thing as the other singlestackers..same with production.

Im kinda with A4 director Ken hicks here. 2 divisions- open and standard.

if you want to shoot a DA/SA 9mm, thats fine, its still legal in open and standard division. just because the rules dont cater to a specific style of gun doesnt mean you cant use it.

What I dont get is why do you care if Production or L10 or whatever exists? If you dont care to shoot in it, then dont. But why the compulsion to tell others where to shoot and what gear is appropriate and what isnt?

If you want to shoot Open and Limited, go for it. I think production is 10 times the fun. Luckily the people who want to turn the clock back 10 years are in minority in USPSA.

As for why you want a maximum number of rounds requiered from a single position is because it is no fun for ANYONE to still still while reloading, nevermind some of the logic behind it. Under what circumstances would you get involved in some combat where you end up standing still in a window agaisnt 5+ opponents?

This is begining to remind of the thread about stage design by open shooters. It amazes me that how much open and limited shooters complain about equipment restrictions in divisions they have no intention of participating in.

It amazes me that how much open and limited shooters complain about equipment restrictions in divisions they have no intention of participating in.

+1

I'm a production shooter and I must be the only one that actually likes the USPSA rules the way they are now. I don't like constant change. I do want to work on getting better but that comes from hard work and not constantly trying to change the rules to my benefit.

Regarding this thread's original point about a new sport. I just think that between, IDPA, TSA and USPSA you should be able to find one that fits your liking. Trying to develop a new game is terribly expensive and is a tough road to hoe. Not that it can't be done, but would be a difficult undertaking.

What I dont get is why do you care if Production or L10 or whatever exists? If you dont care to shoot in it, then dont. But why the compulsion to tell others where to shoot and what gear is appropriate and what isnt?

If you want to shoot Open and Limited, go for it. I think production is 10 times the fun. Luckily the people who want to turn the clock back 10 years are in minority in USPSA.

As for why you want a maximum number of rounds requiered from a single position is because it is no fun for ANYONE to still still while reloading, nevermind some of the logic behind it. Under what circumstances would you get involved in some combat where you end up standing still in a window agaisnt 5+ opponents?

This is begining to remind of the thread about stage design by open shooters. It amazes me that how much open and limited shooters complain about equipment restrictions in divisions they have no intention of participating in.

I care because I have a small club and it makes it hard to reward anyone because the classes are so dilluted. I'm not telling anyone what to shoot, or what I think they should shoot, I could care less. That is what I think what is being done already.

I shoot L10 and production regularly. Mostly just to show the newer shooters, that those guns are just as fast as the bling bling ones. I go where the challenge is. If I have to try to beat the open guys shooting minor and iron sights, I give it a go. If a good open shooters shows up, I would rather go that route and see if I can keep up.

I do wish production wasn't Limited minor ;)... but that's just me.