Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost Mental Focus

AWLAZS

We had our club match this past weekend. We RO ourselves through the match two RO's a squad and break it up so you can get your game face on. Most time some time you get the suprise that you are next... but not often.

We had a huge turnout with lots of new shooters. You have to love new shooters they are next years match directors.

I am trying to decide how I want to shoot our first stage. It a quick and easy stage. I can hear some of the new guys asking questions. I help out and explain thins to them. Well tis one guy who says he is not new he has shot with us befoere is asking some real crazy questions. The kind that make your hair on the back of your neck stand up. I am the first RO so I get things rolling. This shooter gets into the start box. He has no idea on what is going on. I explain things to him again.(This is a simple COF shoot two paper from one side three from the other and one plate from wherever). At LAMR his gun handeling is scary. NO DQ offense but just scary. AT the beep he draws and engages the correct targets ect but he is just barely holding the gun. He is using the TV tea cup gripAfter each shot it looks like TV recoil the gun is flopping around in his hand like crazy. He needs three hand to reload it is real scary. We make it through the stage I am wishing I had my vest on other shooters are mumbling about him. We are shooting two stages in the same pit. We move over hot. Its a start with your back to the target stage. O MY GOD I AM GOING TO DIE was all I could think of. I stop and take the time ti instruct all of the group on the dangers of the turn and shoot start and tell them to turn strong side. This guy makes it through the stage safely but is still a train wreck. He was my last shooter. I am in the hole.

I end up shooting the worst match ever I can never get out of the funk and pay attention to my own shooting worring about this guy.

I crash 5 stages of a 5 stage match between the 4th and 5th stage I grab him and bring him to the safty area. I give him a half hour class on grip stance sight picture sight alignment, LAMR, ULASC draw holster all of this stuff. After he shot his last stage the rest of my squad thanked me. I shot my last stage and tanked it.

At least I was consistent I tanked them all

......I grab him and bring him to the safty area. I give him a half hour class on grip stance sight picture sight alignment, LAMR, ULASC draw holster all of this stuff. After he shot his last stage the rest of my squad thanked me.

Sounds to me like you still managed to have a productive day at the range. ;)

......I grab him and bring him to the safty area. I give him a half hour class on grip stance sight picture sight alignment, LAMR, ULASC draw holster all of this stuff. After he shot his last stage the rest of my squad thanked me.

Sounds to me like you still managed to have a productive day at the range. ;)

Yes I agree but I wish I could have cleared my mind and shoot well too.

Edited by AWLAZS

O MY GOD I AM GOING TO DIE

:lol: BTDT :D

And, yeah, I have a tougher time getting my game on when I've had to deal with that... like Jake said, just gotta learn how to detach from it and let it go, and switch gears completely to your shooting. It's not easy, and takes some time to learn, but you can do it :)