Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm / .40 Extrator Different In G34/35?

bountyhunter

I was wondering if the G34 (9 mm) and G35 (.40) have a different extractor?

I have a 9mm drop-in barrel for my G35 which works pretty well, but not sure if I should also drop in a G34 extractor.

My G35 with 9mm barrel extracts pretty well using new ammo, but not with reloads.

If the G34 uses an extractor with a bit more hook, it might improve that.

Would the G34 extractor drop into the G35 slide?

All you need is #14 if that. I have never had any feeding or extractions out of my 9mm barrel.

One of the local Glock experts told me it would work better with a G34 extractor. I did go to Glockmeister and verified the G34 and G35 do use a different extractor. I recall one was the 15/5 and the other was the 15/0, which has to do with the cut angles on the extractor. probably a subtle difference, but for $18 I figured I'd try it. At worst, I'll have a spare extractor.

I have had mixed results. I changed to an Olympic barrel and 9mm mags--had FTE problems. Added a 9mm ejector and still have 1-2 % FTE problems. I just received a new 9mm extractor to try.

These problems are with either factory ammo or reloads.

It is OK for plinking but not for carry.

Good luck

Gold2125

I compared the 34 (9mm) extractor and the 35 (.40SW), and the tips are different. The 9mm hook is a bit thinner to get into the narrower web better.

I shot it and got far less FTE's with the crappy 9mm reloads that were the problem before.

BTW, my theory is that the reload 9mm ammo case does not have the correct "taper" as a new 9mm case (verified by calipers) and is a bit snug in the new EFK barrel.

The extra "drag" reduces slide energy enough to make for balky extraction. I have yet to have a new round FTE.