Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Question

yoshidaex

hello people,

newbie ipsc/uspsa question. hopefully my question isn't too confusing.

i tried the search function using "classification" but could not find what i was looking for. do classifiers expire? to be more specific, if you don't shoot a classifer for a while, do your scores just disappear? i started ipsc/uspsa a few months ago and i was a classifier or two away from getting my classification for L10. work got busy and i had to stop shooting for a bit. initially my scores were online but a recent check showed zero scores. do you have to submit classifers every so often to keep your scores active? anyone have an idea on how long of a time frame you can go without losing your past scores?

TIA

Edited by yoshidaex

Hi.

IPSC home page states:

"In order to maintain their Classification, shooters must keep current IPSC membership and submit scores for a minimum of two Classification Stages or one approved Classification Match each calendar year. Shooters will be removed from the ICS system at the end of the second consecutive year where no scores are submitted. "

Does UPSA have the same policy?

USPSA Classification Policy: http://www.uspsa.org/dw/classificationPolicies.html

You can petition to have scores reinstated if you let your membership lapse.

4. If a shooter's membership has been expired for more than two months, classif er scores are not entered for him/her. Once a membership is renewed, classifier scores will again be entered for that shooter.

9. If a person loses his classification by dropping membership for a period of three years or less, he shall be reinstated in class according to previously known ability once he resumes competing.

# Purging of Old Scores Once per year, after the December reclassification, old scores will be purged from the files. Old scores are those that are more than 36 months old at the purging, or those that are more than the eight needed to calculate the classification.