Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Sling Setup For A M2 Benelli?

I haven’t found much information with searches but I’m looking for any words of wisdom for shotgun sling setups. I have a Benelli M2 Field that doesn’t currently have a sling. I have a Viking Tactics 1” on my AR and I’m currently thinking of getting a 2nd sling with the extra buttstock attachment.

One question is what is the optimum setup for the front attachment. The barrel clamp seems too far forward. Is there any problem with attaching around the Mag ext and Barrel under the vent rib at the base of the mag extension or would it be better to add a second clamp?

Has anyone mounted a swivel stud in the forearm or the top of the stock?

Are there any better options for the front and rear?

Thanks, Mike

At the time we installed a Surecycle extended mag tube we added a Clark magazine bracket. Took the sling ring from the Surecycle, cut off the ring, opened up the stud with a 5/32" bit and used the stud to hold the Clark support together. Put a couple wave washers under the stud and got the hole timed right to accept an Uncle Mike's swivel. Ta-daa.

ETA I just lied. We got the sling stud from a KNS kit from Brownell's. It was all in the same parts kit and I got the sacks confused.

Edited by MyBoyElroy

• 2 weeks later...
Why?

Yes it sound like a solution to a non existent problem but I was considering going to this match in AL and the rules say Shotgun sling required http://www.hrpclub.org/

I have tried the VTAC Buttstock attachment and I don't like it on the M2 due to strap wearing on the foam pad on top of the stock. If it were sized to fit more rearward it might work better.

Kellyn may have a simpler solution.

Thanks for the response

Mike