Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Slide Ride

Maxthemutt

I've been using a Carver for awhile now, I like it.

Problem is it makes my draws feel like they hang up sometimes from a CR speed.

Chris has taken enough of my money for awhile though, so I'm holding off on seriously looking at the S-J mounts.

I'm pretty sure I know enough about the frame mounted dots. I've read rave reviews of the Docter/JP/Tasco slide mounted sights. I can't believe the C-Mores won't hold up.

They look clumsey and awkward, but they have to be reliable.

Edited by Maxthemutt

I remember 2 Glocks done with the Slide Ride many years ago. One was a 9x25 that was the loudest thing going. No scope problems back then, but neither had more than 5000 rounds last I knew.

I'd like to know if anyone has owned one that broke.

I've seen it done. RO'ed a shooter at the 2003 Area 1 match that had a slide ride C-more on a Glock, I believe it was on a 34. Asked him about it, he liked it and had had no problems. Personally I prefer a melted in 7 moa Docter.

My response was based on the one attempt, which was quite some time ago, that I've seen at this, which admittedly probably doesn't mean everyone would get the same result. In this "experiment", two C-Mores bit the dust in a relatively short period of time. One developed a crack in the body of the scope itself, and the second one's electronics quit working. Granted, one, or both, could have been coincidence...or not. The whole solution didn't look right, didn't feel right, and drastically affected the handling and operational characteristics of the gun. As I understand it, even the Doctors are best modified and bulletproofed by Beven or others if one expects them to last for long. I just think any piece of electronics gear in a plastic housing, with no shock absorption, mounted to a continually and violently reciprocating object, is going to have a short life span. With the availability of the Carver and the S&J stuff, it just makes sense to use one of their products; and they are both great products. I just prefer the S&J because you don't need a special holster when using their mount.