Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dmw Shotgun Extensions-need Additional Parts?

surfmaster

I am considering purchasing a Dave’s Metal Works 10-round extension for my Benelli M2 Field 12-gauge shotgun. Besides the actual magazine tube, are there any other parts I need to purchase in order to complete the installation? Do I need to buy a special collar? How about the magazine tube/barrel clamp that is present in the M1s? Thanks in advance for your comments.

I am considering purchasing a Dave’s Metal Works 10-round extension for my Benelli M2 Field 12-gauge shotgun. Besides the actual magazine tube, are there any other parts I need to purchase in order to complete the installation? Do I need to buy a special collar? How about the magazine tube/barrel clamp that is present in the M1s? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Yes , what you said. If your shotgun doesnt already have an extension, thus a threaded collar, then you will need to buy a collar that accpets the tube. You will also need a clamp which I have been trying to get DMW to make and says he is working on since Benelli doenst seem to want to sell them anymore. I have the tubes in stock but the collars are on backorder right now, about 2 weeks DMW tells me.

Chuck,

Thanks for your reply and information about the threaded collar. I hope the collar and clamps will be ready by the time I am ready to place the order.

BTW, if I install a 10-round mag tube, do you know how far past a 21" vent rib barrel the mag tube would extend? How about a 24" barrel? Thanks.

Chuck,

Thanks for your reply and information about the threaded collar. I hope the collar and clamps will be ready by the time I am ready to place the order.

BTW, if I install a 10-round mag tube, do you know how far past a 21" vent rib barrel the mag tube would extend? How about a 24" barrel? Thanks.

The 8 round is close to flush with the 21", the 10 round a 26" barrel.

Please allow me to hijack this thread for a brief moment...

I read Chuck's replies and was wondering whether the thread on the stock magazine tube for a pre-ban HK Benelli M1 is different than the thread on the threaded collar that DMW sells.

I have a pre-ban HK Benelli M1 Super 90 that was built in 1993. I read someplace that the threaded collar was only for post-ban M1s (1994 and later).

When I screw my forend cap off the stock magazine tube, it exposes a male threaded end. It appears to me that the DMW 9-round extension has a female end that is supposed to go on a male threaded end. Since my stock magazine tube that holds the original three shells has a male threaded end do I need the DMW threaded collar in order to accept the DMW tube?

I appreciate any input!

Now back to our regular scheduled programming...

Cor

DMW requires ordering their threaded collar separately. Surecycle sells their extension tube as a kit with the collar. Price comes out virtually the same with either manufacturer. My friends have DMW and I got a Surecycle last week. Both are good. Add a Clark bracket for an 1100, tighten it down and you're good to go.

Chuck,

Just to be safe, how many rounds does just the actual DMW's 10-round extension tube hold? I am hoping it holds seven 2 3/4" shells to complement the three in the foregrip. This would make the total capacity of the M2 11 (7 in the DMW's extension + 3 in the foregrip + 1 in the chamber). However, I don't want to assume. Thanks in advance.