Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Check out this show Mail Call

BSeevers

I have only seen it once. Its called Mail Call on the History channel. The sargent from full metal jacket ( I think he was a real drill sargent)investigates how cannons are aimed or guns work and then they shoot them. Seems like a cool show. He says funny comments like don't be a wimp hold it!!

"Lee Emry a former Paris Island drill instructor originally hired as technical advisor was given the part of Sgt. Hartman after Kubrick observed the way he handled actors during casting session improvisations. Most of the outrageous insults he hurls at recruits were Ermy's own creations."

I will watch anything by the man.  Even that horribly stupid one 'saving silverman'.  

Way to cool watching him do his thing.  Every time I think about it I want to go pop the movie in and watch some of the boot scenes.  My DI's were nothing compared to him.  I'm sure he's a big John Wayne fan.  Another plus in my book.

I'll look for the show.  Sounds good.

I have a couple of sound bits from Full metal jacket.  One is the entire intro to the boots from the gunney.  From I am Gunnery sgt. hartman,,, up to the part where he has pvt. pyle choke himself.  That has to be one of the best dialoges ever.  The visual of the movie is just a bonus.  And to think he ad-libed most of it!!!

Thanks Duane I'll definetly find that one.

I'm looking forward to seeing that one also Erik.

Cool link Flex,  wonder what he says at the XXXX's      

(Edited by 3quartertime at 5:04 pm on Aug. 23, 2002)