Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bowling for Columbine

EricW

Be firm in your convictions, just don't go the the theater.  I got fed up with the salaries the pro athletes made and now don't go to the pro games at all.  I know it is pointless, as they fill the stadium every time they open the doors, but I have the moral victory.

Tightloop, stick strong with your convictions. Maybe someday enough people will to make a small dent. I to this day will not pay to see a movie with Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, Rosie O'Dipshit... If you think the movie would be good, wait till it airs on TV. If you REALLY need to see it, buy a ticket for a different movie then go to the movie you wanted to see. If the Dems think that gun control was enough of a sore spot to affect Gore's run for presidency, then maybe there's enough of us to put the bite on some of the entertainment industry.

I'm with Erik Warren on this one. I think the movie is not a piece of crap. I found a lot of things quite disturbing though. The thing that disturbed me is that Moore is working the layman's gut feelings. The editing is very subjective (like the scene where he follows this guy into his bedroom (no camera) and says the guy put a gun to his head and cocked the hammer)

Just stating that the movie is crap and not backing it up with some decent arguments would make me the same as "anti gun folk" just stating that guns make society a dangerous place.

Spook

I have not seen the movie and do not intend to do so. I did however do some extensive research on the Net to gain the facts about this movie and the guy who made it.

I have family in the TV business and even they admit the editing was great.

I have a problem with anyone who cuts and splices together pieces of film to make his point with the film at the expense of the truth. He is dishonest, untruthful, has no morals or ethics, and to bottom line it, he is a worthless person who used that horrible incident at the school in Colorado to line his own pockets, and I loath him for doing it.

I have not seen the movie and do not intend to do so.

TL, I understand and respect your opinion on the movie and Moore. It's a shame you live so far away. I would have gladly lent you my copy (so you wouldn't have to support him in any way) so you could form an opinion based on the movie itself.

I have a problem with anyone who cuts and splices together pieces of film to make his point with the film at the expense of the truth.

I agree. It is impossible to "see the truth" through someone else's eyes.

He [...] has no morals or ethics...

I think he has some morals and ethics. He at least pretends to have some. I don't agree with them though. I think his morals and ethics are influenced by the virtual politically correct public opinion. He implies he has a message, but throughout the movie it remains unclear what that message is.