Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullets

The Brit.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of bullet manufacturers ? I need one that sells in Europe. There are a few of us here in the UK who are getting togeather to bulk buy 180g .40 & 230g .45acp FMJRN.(they have to be RN as HP are banned in the UK + RN feed more reliably) The reloading market in the UK is more or less stagnant, so we are looking to buy in from mainland Europe.

Thanks.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of bullet manufacturers ? I need one that sells in Europe. There are a few of us here in the UK who are getting togeather to bulk buy 180g .40 & 230g .45acp FMJRN.(they have to be RN as HP are banned in the UK + RN feed more reliably) The reloading market in the UK is more or less stagnant, so we are looking to buy in from mainland Europe.

Thanks.

Frontier in South Africa seems the best bet for europe.

They of course have a european office

Frontier Bullets Europe

Jan Kaptein

Lindeweg 115

3334 LA Zwijndrecht

The Netherlands

Tel: +31-78-6513100

Fax: +31-78-6177390

e-Mail: info.frontier@12move.nl

What quantities are you considering.

Have you considered 200g .40s

al

Frontier in South Africa seems the best bet for europe.

They of course have a european office

Frontier Bullets Europe

Jan Kaptein

Lindeweg 115

3334 LA Zwijndrecht

The Netherlands

Tel: +31-78-6513100

Fax: +31-78-6177390

e-Mail: info.frontier@12move.nl

What quantities are you considering.

Have you considered 200g .40s

al

Al,

Thanks for the info. I'll send them an email about prices etc.

All the factory ammo I use ( Mainly Magtec) is 180grn fmjfn. That's the only reason I want 180's. It will come down to cost at the end of the day. As long as they make major and feed reliably, not too bothered about weight.

You didn't say what quantity you are after.

al

Sorry Al,

At the moment, around the 10-15,000 mark. It all depends on how many reloaders we can get interested in this. There are 5 of us at my gun club who reload, but I will be asking around when I'm at the comps in the next month or two.

I have got a small order in at my shooting centre for 2,000 180g fmjrn. I ordered these about 9 months ago. I was told that they had finally arrived in the UK last week only to find they hadn't. I believe they were ordered from Magtec, which is in Brazil ??

I've lost patience with this order which is why i posted the thread about bullets in Europe. Xtreme bullets also sell in Europe and I'll be contacting them soon.

thanks.

I doubt it would be worth while going to Frontier for 10-15000.

In my opinion you would need to buy a pallet 70-80000 to get a reasonable price and save on carriage.

Then there is the end user / import licence which might give you trouble unless a dealer will do it for you but then his cut may make it not worth while.

Where do Xtreme bullets hang out.

al

I doubt it would be worth while going to Frontier for 10-15000.

In my opinion you would need to buy a pallet 70-80000 to get a reasonable price and save on carriage.

Then there is the end user / import licence which might give you trouble unless a dealer will do it for you but then his cut may make it not worth while.

Where do Xtreme bullets hang out.

al

Thanks for your help Al,

Xtreme bullets - http://www.xtremebullets.com/index.htm

I'm going to fax them tomorrow and ask for the address of the European importer.

70-80,000 eh? :(

1/ I know i will not be able to get enough interest up for that amount

2/ Can't afford that many myself, and if I did, it'd take me years to shoot them all !!!

Are you planning a bulk purchase to save money or because they are not available locally.

The problem with bullets is the weight.

Carriage on 1/2 pallet is the same (or near it )as a full pallet.

About how much per 1000 do you expect them to be.

al

Are you planning a bulk purchase to save money or because they are not available locally.

The problem with bullets is the weight.

Carriage on 1/2 pallet is the same (or near it )as a full pallet.

About how much per 1000 do you expect them to be.

al

Al,

1st, they are not only not available locally, they are not available in any quantity in the UK!

2nd, I pay £22.50 (approx. $38) per 100 for factory magtec, I was quoted £90 (approx. $155) per 1000 for the 180grn .40 bullets. Using this price, factor in the cost of powder and primer ( I have about 1000 free once fired cases) I calculate I can reload for £13 ( approx.$22) per 100. It's not just about price though, I actually enjoy reloading!!

We are planning a few trips into Europe this year to compete, so it may pay us to pre order them to be available at whatever comp we go to and bring them back to the UK in our own cars.

As to the cost, anything less than £90 per 1000 is a bonus.

Shooting is not a cheap sport anymore. (was it ever ?)

Hi

You could also try bullets from Haendler & Natermann http://www.hn-sport.de/ they are quite popular among the European shooters. You can also get them here: http://www.johannsen-jagd.de/

At £643 / 10000 they are worth considering. I can recommend searching German sites for Hornady bullets, sometimes you can get them at the same price as the H&N bullets. (And they shoot better)

After a long hunt around, I actually found a UK supplier for Frontier bullets!!

They didn't have any .40s&w ( they will be having some in the next delivery) but I did buy a box of 1000 plated .45acp rn. Very nice bullets, smooth to handle and pretty consistant weight wise. Cost was £62.30 ( $105). I'm still waiting for my .45acp revolover to arrive so can't say how they group, but reading other comments on here about plated V jacketed, they should work fine. I'm looking at a P.F. of around 175 so I will only be loading to approx. 760fps. so that shouldn't be a problem for the plating to handle. Also keen to see how much they smoke as 99% of my shooting is done indoors.

Frontiers are great in .45 and .40.

Don't hesitate to email the Office in South Africa with questions. You can find the info at www.frontierbullets.co.za

Maybe you can find a way to import the stuff from the European Ofiice in Holland. $155 for 1000 Frontier .40 bullets sounds a bit steep (European office sells them for less than $80/1000 excl. shipping)