Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed Versa Mag Pouch

NODAK

Need help. On the advice from crspeed purchased the versa mag pouch so I could use for all divisions I may shoot.I cannot figure out how to set them up for single stack mags!Any help out there?

I have the belt

Using my IDPA holster for now.

Stuck on these mag pouches!

Glad I got started early!

A word of caution: Do not travel to a match planning to shoot L10 with those skinny little 1911 mags unless you bring the proper inserts with you.

If however you do, cut some cardboard (or targets) into strips about 2" wide and 5" long. Fold/roll on one end, flatten, cuss yourself for being such a forgetful pig, fold some more, flatten again and finishing cussing. "Drill" a hole through the ensuing mess with the tip of a knife and run the screw which should have held the intended insert through the hole. Install and tighten. Cuss some more as your friends make snappy comments about your Custom Mag Pouches. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should have posted this under Match Screwups.

A word of caution: Do not travel to a match planning to shoot L10 with those skinny little 1911 mags unless you bring the proper inserts with you.

If however you do, cut some cardboard (or targets) into strips about 2" wide and 5" long. Fold/roll on one end, flatten, cuss yourself for being such a forgetful pig, fold some more, flatten again and finishing cussing. "Drill" a hole through the ensuing mess with the tip of a knife and run the screw which should have held the intended insert through the hole. Install and tighten. Cuss some more as your friends make snappy comments about your Custom Mag Pouches. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should have posted this under Match Screwups.

can you explain I have no idea what this means

Edited by NODAK

These ingenious little mag pouches can be configured to accept a variety of magazines - SingleStack, Para wide, SVI/STI wide, Glock, etc. That little black insert in the picture holds those skinny SS mags against the front wall of the pouch and are sort of critical if you plan on moving around, or even breathing deeply. They provide the friction that holds the magazine in the pouch. Without the inserts you can still run around a course of fire but will almost certainly arrive at next reload point only to discover you have no mags (trust me on this point).

If you plan on converting them when you get to a match and then find you've left the inserts at home, (insert forehead-slapping emoticon here), cardboard, humility and a fair amount of cussing will get you through the match.

These ingenious little mag pouches can be configured to accept a variety of magazines - SingleStack, Para wide, SVI/STI wide, Glock, etc. That little black insert in the picture holds those skinny SS mags against the front wall of the pouch and are sort of critical if you plan on moving around, or even breathing deeply. They provide the friction that holds the magazine in the pouch. Without the inserts you can still run around a course of fire but will almost certainly arrive at next reload point only to discover you have no mags (trust me on this point).

If you plan on converting them when you get to a match and then find you've left the inserts at home, (insert forehead-slapping emoticon here), cardboard, humility and a fair amount of cussing will get you through the match.

thanks for the info i started laughing cause i can picture that scene

• 3 weeks later...

I bought some of the CR pouches for the same reason and found the only "complaint" I had was you really had to tighten the pouch a lot to be sure the mag wouldn't fall out. My old Safarilands didn't need to be tightened so much.

Adam