Aftermarket barrels

Beretta LTT Speed Bump Triggers

Bomars milled into the slide

Decal Grips

Tungsten or steel guide rods to replace plastic ones

Triggers with visibly shorter take up and overtravel

Barrels of a different caliber than the gun was made for

SP-01s with after sale added "factory" competition parts

What do all these have in common? They are all externally visible modifications to a Production gun, if compared to one from the factory. But according to USPSA, some of these mods are legal and some are not. <_<

And the above list doesn't even address normal looking triggers lighter than factory weight, and guns only available in small numbers not really in "mass" production.

I think its time to put the "Production" back in Production. No buried Bomars, no heavy guide rods, no worked on 1.5 pound triggers. No guns under 2000 made.

I really HATE what an equipment war/argument Production has become. I'm going back to Open where I at least know the rules. I think. :unsure:

Yea if you make rules, than racers will push the envelope to beat it.

If you say factory guns only, soon the GlockSigWesson 1.5 lb trigger special with intergal tung guide rod and mag well will be made by the factory.

Both are a problem and can be frustrating. I do like the concept of Production to bring in new blood

Edited by BSeevers

I'm a fairly new shooter to these games, but I think production should be just that and nothing more. It doesn't make sense to me to add $500 in parts to a $500 gun like a Glock. I'm as guilty of buying magwells, extended mag releases, etc. as anyone else, but I doubt the extra pieces really make that much of a difference in my overall time. I'm pretty sure that range time is the best "gadget" to improve your shooting, but new toys are cool. I see no problem with production being no modifications whatsoever except maybe sight changes. The only reason I say sights is because many people put night sights on their guns for reasons other than games like duty weapons or CCW. This way we would be able to justify a new blaster when a new one came on the market.

I really HATE what an equipment war/argument Production has become. I'm going back to Open where I at least know the rules. I think. :unsure:

Man, I know what you mean <_< In IPSC, it's the same <_<

Fortunately Dave S. can still kick ass with an untuned G17 with a 5lbs. connector. That thought makes me feel all warm inside ;)

Closed.

Hate rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, the NRA, or Match Directors - are NOT PERMITTED.

If your hate rant has to do with shooting then it needs to be directed towards yourself.

I'm sorry for this restriction, which may restrict a few reasonable hate rants. Overall, the moderating staff does not feel it's appropriate for the forum's content or well being in general.

NOTE: At a Moderator's discretion, Hate rants may be locked at any time after the initial post.

As posted in the Forum's general guidelines -

This forum was not created or intended as a place to discuss or debate political issues of any kind - either IPSC, USPSA, or governmental. This includes Hate rants.